Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All!

I figured i'll do my intro with pics here. Just picked up my 2017 Ducati Oxymoron erhhm.. i mean Scrambler - Cafe Racer. My first Ducati but certainly not my first bike. I am coming from the rival, 2014 Triumph Thruxton 900. Wanted to get something more of a modern and unique looking.. and i almost pulled the trigger on a Thruxton 1200 R (which is an amazing machine after test riding it and in my opinion out performs the Ducati, but it's $4,000 USD more), but i decided that i've wanted to give Ducati a try. To be honest i only heard about the Ducati Cafe Racer about 2 weeks ago and my local dealer had one in stock. I test road their demo and felt in love with it's looks and agility! Plus it fit's my vertically challenged body perfectly without the need of lowering it.

Anyway, i'm still in the break in period so i haven't been giving it the beans just yet but loving every second of it.

Cosmetically it looks great, however, i really wish Ducati made the number plate background Black and the number gold to match the theme of the bike (I may have a paint job do this for me in the future). In addition the blasted heat shield silver color sticks out like a sore thumb.

In the meantime (and i don't mean any disrespect to Bruno Spaggiari and Ducati's #54's history) i plasti-dipped the number plate black.

I also used 1200F Degree BBQ Paint on the silver heat shield. In my personal opinion i think it looks a lot better!

The image below i altered it. Basically what I plan in doing with the number plate.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Y' know - I get you can just make out the number 54 on the panels under your dip but ignoring that - I kinda like it just flat black, sans number. Welcome :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
IMG_0365.JPG
That's gorgeous with the black and gold number plate. I would opt for a gloss black though. It's a little too close to the Norton, not that it's a bad thing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
View attachment 19161 That's gorgeous with the black and gold number plate. I would opt for a gloss black though. It's a little too close to the Norton, not that it's a bad thing.
Oh most definitely gloss black. I plan on taking it to a local Motorcycle customization shop. I would have them use the same black paint code that's on the tank and try as close as possible to get the arcs and number 54 on there like the OEMs

*The Numbers and Arc's appear to be stickers underneath the clear-coat, so i wouldn't imagine it would be too hard nor too expensive

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks very nice............lose the rear pegs?...unless you carry a pillion obviously........
JohnyT
The woman likes the ride on short trips every now and then.

Where do you live mind if I ask?

we may want to swap exhaust cover. (I have the Desert Sled)
Thanks for the offer, bummer we are miles apart (I'm on the edge of the East Coast)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks great! I almost purchased the Cafe Racer too but bought the last 2016 Full Throttle they had instead for a good price. I wanted to save some $$ because I added Andreani Fork kit, Ohlins Springs and Heated Grips, Rexxor remap, and Akrapovok exhaust. With all that done I paid roughly the same that I would have paid for just the Cafe Racer after taxes sans upgrades. I recommend you check out Mugello parts as they have some nice looking side covers that in my opinion would look great on that bike instead of the 54 painted number plate. A few of the owners here have purchased some parts from them and I just ordered a seat and side covers. Great looking bike congratulations and welcome to forum!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I can't see any of the photos in this thread.

The 2017 Ducati Scrambler "Full Throttle" I purchased is my eighth Ducati V-twin since 1975. Just like all the others, I'm customizing it to suit me best: both mechanically and cosmetically... :D Although I liked the looks of the stock Cafe Racer, I felt the Full Throttle model's equipment suited me a little better and would be easier to modify to what I wanted. When I am done, it will look like neither of those beyond the basic motorcycle. And it will run like a Ducati ought to.

Enjoy your bike, make it what you want, what suits you best. And ride the heck out of it!

"Nature abhors a stock Ducati."

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Agh yes, freaking Photobucket did this to everyone's photo, forcing us to pay to host our pictures. I'll re upload them on this forum when I get home this evening.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts