Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Here's mine. The best upgrade was the SB Suspension front & back.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's mine. The best upgrade was the SB Suspension front & back.

View attachment 44041
Trying to price out my suspension upgrade and can’t decide on which direction to go! The SB setup looks the best as far as quality goes, but it leans towards the most expensive. My ideal setup would be Ken’s triple adjustable shock and gp carts but I feel like it’s overkill for this bike. Have you had any issues with your clutch wearing prematurely?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Trying to price out my suspension upgrade and can’t decide on which direction to go! The SB setup looks the best as far as quality goes, but it leans towards the most expensive. My ideal setup would be Ken’s triple adjustable shock and gp carts but I feel like it’s overkill for this bike. Have you had any issues with your clutch wearing prematurely?
I have not had any clutch issues but due to family, and medical, issues I have not put many miles on the bike. I check the free play at the clutch lever periodically to ensure it's within spec.

With respect to suspension, yes, Ken is not cheap. Is it worth putting $2,500 of suspension components on a $10,000 bike? Most people might say no. For me it was. I think it's a personal thing. In my case the FTP is my only motorcycle. It's my "do everything" machine. I wanted to make sure the suspension could handle whatever I threw at it. Ken took the time to answer all my questions and explain things to me. His customer service and experience was part of the reason I went with him.

I think for most people the Ohlins shock and Andreani cart are sufficient. The issue is you still have to find someone to install the cartridges. It's not a trivial task.

-Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts