Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Following the example of Itchitz, I also thought that it would be a good idea to start a thread to help me keep track of what I've done to my bike. I gotten ideas from others on this forum, so I thought that I'd give back. Hopefully, some will get some helpful ideas. I'll try and include product names where I can remember them. Most of what I've done has been functional and to improved my riding experience, A few things are just for aesthetics.

Because I'm a big fat guy, I could not see behind me with the stock mirrors. I bought these cheap little things on ebay to move the mirrors outward a few cm. They work great!
IMG_1363.JPG

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I disabled the handle bar antivibration system, as it had way to much play in it. This was done by putting two washers under the the handle bar mounting tee and one above. There are threads on this mod in both of the forums. This winter, when I can't ride, I'll fabricate replacements for the top washers that are shaped to better fit all of the surface area on the top of the tee.
P1000372.JPG

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I installed ROX handle bar risers (1.5 inches IIRC). This really made my riding position much more comfortable. It took a few rides and adjustments of the bar position to get it just right.
P1000374.JPG

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
S-W Motech foot pegs and R&G kickstand foot. I was carrying a pad around in my jacket pocket for using the kickstand in soft dirt or on hot, soft asphalt (tarmac to some of you). It may still be in my pocket, I don't know, as I have not needed since I put this on.
P1000377.JPG

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A few things that you can see in these pics:
Grip Puppies (cheap and great, highly recommended!).
Higher fenders, front and rear, from Ducati.
New tank badges (I bought these from someone on ebay who reproduces them in aluminium).
Tech Spec tank knee grips (I was surprised just how much these improved turning control, especially in hard braking and going down hill).
Ducati comfort seat (looks drab, but the shape and extra 3 cm or so in height are quite a bit more comfortable for me.
I removed the evaporation canister. It's ugly.
Hagon rear shock. Dramatic ride improvement!
16 tooth front sprocket (OK, you can't see it, but you can see it's cover). This made the the gearing pretty much spot on for where/how I ride.
Shift-Tech License plate relocation bracket. Well made, quick and easy to install.
P1000380.JPG
P1000382.JPG

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
P1000383.JPG
PIAA slimline sports horn. Nice and loud! Easy, quick installation. I removed the sticker from it, like I have all the others on the bike.

Most of the mods that I've done were to address what I felt were issues that negatively affected my riding experience. As those have all been resolved, I don't really see me making any more changes to the bike in the foreseeable future. The only exception, is that some days I wish that I had a small windscreen or fairing, other days I don't ... we'll see.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Very, very nice! I've been wondering about a 16T sprocket, but don't want to lose the low and easy first gear for chugging around in gravel, parking lots and such. Do you notice much difference down low? Did you do any filing of the case to fit the sprocket? Thanks

Sarah

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sarah: I haven't noticed any real difference down low, except that I think it removed a little of the throttle jerkiness. I've been on a couple of dirt roads since the change and am still happy with the amount of torque that I have.

I had a t least a couple of mm clearance everywhere, so I didn't remove any material from the case. I'll remove the cover in a few weeks and see if the chain's been rubbing anywhere. I may decide to do some grinding then.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts