Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty hairy times - I was crossing over a bridge going 60mph and the engine dies on a shoulder less part of the bridge!

A few minutes before this I noticed the bike acted funny on starting: Kickstand was up, clutch in, in gear but the starter button did nothing. No errors on dash, electricals were on and fuel pump primed. Just dead... cycled everything from the kickstand to the ignition about 3 times and got the bike to start again and that's when I rode out to go back home not thinking it would actually die on me while on the go :(

Called Duc Roadside Assit. to tow my bike back to dealership tomorrow so I did a visual check on thing I think should also be addressed and caught this hose in front of the engine that seems to be cracking, or will crack soon? I was wondering if anyone can tell me what it is so I can better explain to the shop tomorrow on what else to look at. The images are from the right side of the bike which is a 2017 Full Throttle I purchased March last year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The cause was a faulty starter switch. Dealer told me they replaced it and the part # was different from the original so we think Ducati knew of the fault and have decided to update the part. So far so good now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had the same issue last year, the starter switch was replaced under warranty.. Now it is happening again :( I didn't check if the part number is different but it seems our bikes really don't like humidity :(
Valentin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts