Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1700km and quite a big issue

a mounting point of my head lamp grill is eating (but really, it's not just a small rubbing) the front brake hose every time you move the handle bar.

I'm certain my dealer is going to handle this perfectly but you should definitly check your bike.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Picked my Urban up today, and yes it has the start of the same wear on the hose cover. My headlamp trim fitting was protruding out the back a bit, so I adjusted it forward which should help? Might be worth looking if yours is the same, although the picture looks like it's already as far forward as it will go?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey guys in the urban enduro model the headlight trim comes standard like the icon or classic it's only changed to the fancy UE in store before u pick it up, when I got mine they gave back the stock trim and I noticed only now after reading this that the stock one comes fitted with a rubber spacer to stop this but the urban enduros particular one doesn't, might need a bit of DIY

·
Registered
198 Posts
When I got my Red Icon i inspected the brake hoses. There was slight wear already on the rubber cover. Which leads me to believe it will surely be prone to severe wear with regular riding.

I checked all the other display models with the in the showroom. UE, FT and Classic all have the same issue with the hose rubbing on the headlight.

The dealer said if there is significant damage or wear, they will fix it. I hope they stand by that warranty.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I can't see how they could not change it under warranty! I heard someone mention not to worry as it's only the rubber cover......Well what does the bracket rub on when it's worn through the cover, the brake line!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Loosen the bolts and slide the grill forward, I found it was the edges of the mount that tore at the cable. Mine hasn't got worse since I did this.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I was thinking about using a zip tie as well but the hose needs to move freely (forward and backward) when turning the handlebars as well.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts