Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
How are the side panels attached to the tank? Were they screwed on then the holes bogged over and painted in situ?

·
Registered
287 Posts
How are the side panels attached to the tank? Were they screwed on then the holes bogged over and painted in situ?
There are no side panels on the Flat Track Pro.The tank is one piece.

-Bob

·
Registered
287 Posts
They look like panels in the pictures. I would be really, really, really surprised if one model had a completely different tank to what all the other models have.
The FTP tank does not have panels. The tank is creased and a faux panel is created with paint. No screws, no holes, one seamless piece.

I can go down to the garage and get close up pics if you want. :)

-Bob

·
Registered
287 Posts
They look like panels in the pictures. Is it the tank off the 400cc version? I don’t think that has panels.
Dunno. I've not paid that much attention to the Sixty2.

-Bob

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bob nailed it. It's the same tank as the Mach 2.0 as well. All one piece tank that has creases to make that center section bump out and almost look like a tank panel. The painter just painted it to accent the panel look. :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
The FTP and the Sixty2 also hold slightly more fuel than the other Scramblers do, because they don't have the depressions in the side of the tank to mount the side panels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts