Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Sargent seat today. Its very well made but as yet not ridden it as its currently undergoing an oild change and I am awaiting the filter.

If I was to be over critical there are couple of things.

The torch is a nice idea but for my bike seemed to stop the seat fitting properly so I removed it. Not a biggie though.

The other thing is the fit next to the fuel tank. There was quite a gap compared to the std seat. However a couple of hours fettling and its much better.

This last photo shows the gap. Before fettling it was about 10mm. However I raised the tank to meet the seat. I then used some dark foam to help disguise the gap that still remained

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
That looks great. I bet a few miles will help it settle to the frame a bit more, too.

Sarah

·
Registered
227 Posts
Looks good but there seems to be a big dip in the seat, is that correct or just the camera angle?

Thanks

·
Registered
292 Posts
For me, I appreciate that there's a decent gap between the tank and the seat with the Sargent. The Sargent pan is a little more flexible than the stock one is, and the slightly larger gap helps make sure that the seat is never going to end up rubbing on the paint on the tank.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes there is more of a gap than with the original seat. However, the clamps on the original seat scratched my tank after a few weeks use.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
For me, I appreciate that there's a decent gap between the tank and the seat with the Sargent. The Sargent pan is a little more flexible than the stock one is, and the slightly larger gap helps make sure that the seat is never going to end up rubbing on the paint on the tank.
Good point.

Sarah

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, for some not getting email notifications when people reply and I have the option ticked.

Yes, there is a dip in the seat.

The seat is actually a little lower than the std Icon seat so will be a lot lower than the comfort seat. For my, only 5' 9", it now means I have adjusted the pre load 2 notches which has made the bike handle better.

The ortlib bag (you actually get two) are these ones - Back-Roller City |

I made the mounting hardware myself.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi I'm interested in learning how you built your side bag mounting. Any tips? parts?

Hi, for some not getting email notifications when people reply and I have the option ticked.

Yes, there is a dip in the seat.

The seat is actually a little lower than the std Icon seat so will be a lot lower than the comfort seat. For my, only 5' 9", it now means I have adjusted the pre load 2 notches which has made the bike handle better.

The ortlib bag (you actually get two) are these ones - Back-Roller City |

I made the mounting hardware myself.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good idea about padding the seat. My Sargent has a huge gap at the tank; I’ll have to try this!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts