Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
I don't normally go out of my way to leave bad reviews or feedback on companies and/or their products unless it's very deserved and in this case I feel I had to give everyone a head's up to stay away from this German company and their product.

Near the beginning of this year, I was looking around for a few items for my Desert Sled and ended up coming across Racefoxx which sold what appeared to be several, quality accessories for the Scrambler. I had been previously looking at EvoTech accessories but when I saw Racefoxx parts, I was attracted to the slightly better pricing and what appeared to be more options for our bikes. After much thought, I finally placed an order directly on their website for footpegs (they're knock-off's of the Scrambler OEM+ spiky footpegs), Rear Axle Slider, Oil Cooler & Rectifier guards, front & rear brake fluid reservoir caps, oil filler cap, suspension adjustment knobs, a kickstand foot extension plate, swingarm plugs and frame plugs. On anything that had color options, I opted for their 'black' in titanium. After my order went through, it took an atrociously long time for the package to transverse from Germany to my door in Arizona. But when the package finally arrived, I was beyond excited for my new goodies. . . until I opened the box and noticed several items missing and wrong. The frame plugs were missing completely. The kickstand foot had a Scrambler logo on it instead of the Racefoxx logo that should have been there. There were no instructions for anything (no big deal to me, but for someone else it might be). And some of the bags and packages that the products were in weren't consistent; as in one of the items would be in a nice Racefoxx branded bag, but one of the exact same products was just inside a clear plastic baggy, which I thought was weird. I immediately emailed them about my missing and incorrectly branded parts, which is a whole other process in itself because even though you can navigate their website in English, it seems that no one that works in the office is very fluent in it (I hate that this makes me sound like an ignorant American, but if your website is setup to work in English, then. . .). They apologized about the missing frame plugs, and then seemed very confused about the misbranded kickstand foot but agreed to replace it, after I sent the wrong one back. I griped a bit about that because I knew shipping to Germany was going to be stupid expensive even for a small little part like that, so they agreed to pay for my return shipping if I put a shipping invoice inside the box that I sent back to them and they would reimburse me. In regards to the misbranded kickstand extension, they never really elaborated on it, but now after doing some searching on eBay, I've seen what looks like identical versions (from China) of what they sent me and I started to get the feeling that their parts were just Chinese knock-off replica products with their logo on them. Fast forward - Well the frame plugs arrived quite quickly, which I thought was strange in comparison to the rest of the order and how long all that took, but no complaints on their quick turn-around to make the order right. . . however there was only two frame plugs in my new package. I originally had placed an order for a quantity of (2), and I guess this is maybe on me for assuming that when you ordered a set of frame plugs, it would come as a pair. And on our bike we need a total of 4, so I ordered what I thought would be two pair. Instead I simply got 2 plugs. I reached out yet again, and informed them of my issue and asked if I could purchase the remaining two plugs still needed for my bike. They then informed me that they were out of stock of the color and size that I needed, so I was left with just these 2 frame plugs. In the meantime, I said screw it and just went ahead and installed the other parts, including the kickstand foot. During install, I had issues with several of the screws stripping and little things that just weren't quite right. For example, I went to install the oil filler cap and it took a little convincing to even get it to thread into the engine, but then I really had a quick panic attack when I went to go tighten it down with an allen key and the hole started to strip out! Luckily, I've since been able to remove and reinstall it with ease, but I make sure to be very very gentle with the soft metal that was used. Now that the parts have all been on my bike and in-use for awhile, I didn't really have many complaints about how they performed, with the exception of the oil filler cap which quickly turned an ugly copper, brown after it had felt some heat cycles from the engine. The pretty gloss black coating was already gone and left me with the weird, ugly colored cap on my engine. Whatever, I've just dealt with it for the past few months. . . until I started to notice that now my frame plugs, suspension adjustment knobs and even my front brake fluid reservoir cap have now faded in color and either turned the same ugly copper brown or a strange magnesium color. I would certainly expect some weathering with normal use over YEARS of using these products, but not within just a few months. The bolts provided for the rectifier guard have rusted. The kickstand extension has fallen off after I tried to re-tighten it several times to the point that the soft, mis-threaded screws provided with it have completely stripped and backed themselves out of their holes. Honestly the only thing I'm somewhat surprised about is how well the footpegs have been performing. I probably should have just stopped at those and purchased Evotech everything else. At this point, I don't even want to go through the headache or hassle of dealing with them any longer, so I've recently purchased Evotech replacements for as much of these parts as I can, and will look at Rizoma for other random accessories. But I felt I needed to share this with the group in case there were any others out there looking at or interested in their products. Please don't waste your time and money.

TL;DR - Their products are Chinese, knock-off garbage. Invest in quality parts from other reputable manufacturers.

Here's an install video I had put together when I was previously so excited about initially putting their products on my bike:

·
Registered
24 Posts
That is good to know, I think I'll stick with the Evotech stuff, the parts I have bought from them to earlier bikes have been flawless.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts