Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Scrambler test ride and impressions:

Walking up to the bike it seems very small compared to my Triumph Scrambler. It looks way better in person than any of the photos. The bike is very narrow with only the bars being wider than the swingarm. Seat height was just right for my 32” inseam and I could easily sit flat footed. The reach to the bars was comfortable for me at 5' 11”. Coming off my 500 lb bike and flicking the 400 lb Duc side to side, it felt like a moped. Wow, what a difference. The bars are the perfect height as a compromise between sitting on the seat and standing on the pegs. Overall, it fit like a glove. The bar to seat to peg ration was great with an upright seating position. The seat was fairly comfortable though it did tilt you forward slightly which could get the “boys” in trouble under certain circumstances. Clutch pull was light and easy with smooth engagement and the levers are adjustable. The motor fired right up and settled into the typical Ducati staccato, a subdued but throaty sound. Shifting into first was just a light click as were all other gears. The engine is really sweet with torque right from the bottom. I would still put a 14T sprocket on it for dirt trails. Since it had no miles on it I couldn't really wind it up but it pulled so well to 5000 rpm that I can only imagine what it will feel and sound like when you take it up to redline. Handling was intuitive. You could think your way into the turns with no effort and it felt like it was on rails. The 18” front tire allowed quick turn in but tire selection for knobbie may be limited. I run TKC80's on my Triumph but Continental doesn't offer an 18” front tire (yet). The front brake is two fingers with excellent feedback. The rear is better than expected. The suspension is firm but compliant. I don't know how it was set up from the factory but it was damn close to perfect for my 175 lb body. The speedo was really cool with all the information you could need. It looks like something off the Enterprise on Star Trek. The LED around the headlight is way cool. Ducati hit a home run with this bike. The test ride was fantastic......Too bad it's only in my imagination so I'll have to wait until March like the rest of you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.