Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a call today from Ernie in Sacramento that my red Icon arrived but he asked me if it was possible to allow a person that had ordered one after me to get the first one and that I could have the next one in a couple of weeks.

He said the guy was chomping at the bit etc etc, so I told him that was fine, another two weeks wasn't a big deal to me. I figured I waited this long what was a bit more if someone was really on edge about theirs.

Maybe now when the time comes they'll give me a better deal on my trade in that has been on consignment with them since October. Hopefully this was some good Karma for myself.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Received a call today from Ernie in Sacramento that my red Icon arrived but he asked me if it was possible to allow a person that had ordered one after me to get the first one and that I could have the next one in a couple of weeks.

He said the guy was chomping at the bit etc etc, so I told him that was fine, another two weeks wasn't a big deal to me. I figured I waited this long what was a bit more if someone was really on edge about theirs.

Maybe now when the time comes they'll give me a better deal on my trade in that has been on consignment with them since October. Hopefully this was some good Karma for myself.
I hope your good deed doesn't back fire on you, and 2 weeks doesn't turn in to 2 months. Or more. Were it me, my response would have been somewhere between "No" or "Hell no" Or, if, I was in a generous mood: "If I do this for the dealership's benefit, what's the dealership going to do for me?" That's when you find out how important it really is to bump you down the line. Anyway, good luck!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sounds like Ernie. I wish he would say what he knows rather than what he thinks you want to hear. I probably have a long wait.

Dave, we have to go riding. You are a good person.

Mark

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just the opposite happened to me, got a call to say the guy who was ahead of me in the pecking order for the first Yellow Icon was out of the country working for a few weeks and he said let the bike go to the next guy on the list. So got mine about 4 weeks earlier than I was expecting. Happy days!!!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Be sure to remind the dealership of that nice gesture, you deserve points for that so make sure you get them. And you may benefit from allowing the shop to have some practice at set up on the other guy's bike. Win-win.

Sarah

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Just the opposite happened to me, got a call to say the guy who was ahead of me in the pecking order for the first Yellow Icon was out of the country working for a few weeks and he said let the bike go to the next guy on the list. So got mine about 4 weeks earlier than I was expecting. Happy days!!!
To tell the truth I'm expecting to be away for six weeks at the end of the month, if there's no sign of my bike I might offer to do something similar. Maybeez aye, maybeez naw.

It could even be that the later ones will be more likely to have the threaded holes for paddock stand bobbins ?
Up there for thinking and doon there for dancing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Was the guy's name who called, Ernie in Sacramento? LOL.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We'll see how good the estimate was since we are coming up pretty quick on the two week mark. I am glad to see many others on this side of the pond have received theirs too. Looks like perfect weather in the coming weeks for us in Northern California. As a matter of fact its supposed to be 96 today, Summer here is going to be brutal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Maybe you won't suffer for your good deed. I checked with Ace Motorsport, Concord, CA yesterday for my Red Icon. They said there is a shipment in New Jersey bound for, among other places, California. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Well as luck would have it. My scrambler was suppose to be ready 2 days ago. Unfortunately, It was damaged in Shipment. They will have another one for me next week!

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Well as luck would have it. My scrambler was suppose to be ready 2 days ago. Unfortunately, It was damaged in Shipment. They will have another one for me next week!
What a bummer. Gutted for you :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts