Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
P1030091.JPG
View attachment 4689
First year of ownership was up on 2nd April. Done about 2000 Klms.
Mods are:
Ohlins rear and Andreanis front
Termi Exhaust
Re-foamed seat
White Stripe
Silver Wheels
Home made mirrors
FT Handlebars
Home made Tail Tidy
Lowered front Fender
Problems so far:
Termi replaced due to broken baffle.
Front brake bled twice due to air in system.
New (modified and expensive) suspension still too harsh. I'm like a rag doll on any road that's not perfectly smooth. Andreanis have had shims removed (big improvement) - Ohlins is next to be pulled apart and modified.
Future:
There are lots to like about the bike e.g.its lightness and ease of handling.
Today I walked through our local bike dealership (multiple brands) and I knew I was happy with my Scrambler (and my 2009 Thruxton) because there wasn't any other bike that I would trade my bikes in on. But - there were a couple that I would like to add to my other 2.
I think I will start a new thread about them.
Kind Regards - Ray.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mine is one year as well very happy with bike but rear tyre only lasted 5000 kms I've got 7000 now and front tyre soon original seat was horrible bought comfort seat and modified original seat and happy with both

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Dang Ray, hate to hear the suspension has been so hard to sort. I'm ready for a rear shock so I'm studying all I can. I'm a lighter weight rider, so I'm trying to be careful what I buy. Best of luck with yours, keep us posted, please.

Sarah

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dang Ray, hate to hear the suspension has been so hard to sort. I'm ready for a rear shock so I'm studying all I can. I'm a lighter weight rider, so I'm trying to be careful what I buy. Best of luck with yours, keep us posted, please.

Sarah
Sarah - yes I thought if I buy the "right" parts it will sort out the harsh suspension. What I ended up with is an expensive "harsh" suspension (Andreanis and Ohlins). It still launches me off the seat if I hit a sharp bump and the front shakes me around like a rag doll. I am starting to think the lightness of the Scrambler is actually a disadvantage if you are looking for a more compliant ride. My suspension guy has removed shims from the compression cartridge in the Andreani front and its made a big difference. He refused to charge me for the work as well. Next up is the Ohlins shock. The good news is at least the Ohlins and Andreanis can be worked on. On the subject of lightness - I weighed my bike with 10 litres of fuel - 172 kgs. This means its about 164 kgs without fuel. (termi exhaust and tail tidy help). I am only 73 Kgs so I think you need a very compliant suspension for something so light. I don't know what suspension components fit that description, if I had to buy them. I am currently not able to ride as I had a bad accident with a saw, but as soon as my hand has healed I will get the mods done to the Ohlins rear. My suspension guy has also said there is more he can do to the front Andreanis yet. I nearly forgot - since the mods to the front Andreanis, the front wheel now stays in contact with the road on a corner with an uneven surface instead of trying to skip across the bumps. I will keep you posted.
Regards - Ray.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Mercy, Ray! Take care of that hand, and if it's bad enough the docs recommend physical therapy, you be sure to follow thru. Well worth the time and money, in my experience. Wishing you the best.

Sarah

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How did you lower the front fender?
Zig,
There are 2 answers - My way and the way a bloke called "Johnsie" did his. Johnsie's is much better than my way.
Both of the relevant posts are on the other Scrambler forum "ducatiscramblerforum.com".
If you search on my user name (Let The good Times Roll" and "Johnsie" you will find the posts).

Regards - Ray.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Zig - something fishy is happening here - when I typed the thread above I made reference to the other forum. But - it has been changed back to this forum's name. So if you put the word "ducati" in front of the forum name above you will be okay.
Regards - Ray.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts