Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been hunting around for touchup paint the last few days for my Sweet Sweet 62 in orange. You would think ducati has the patent on the color.

ducati-cl-1.jpg
duc-turkey.jpg

Today, after nearly a week of talking to paint shops local and online, I found the color in fingernail polish. Also, the Testors "competition orange" is remarkably close.

Check this out, my first painted nail...

atomic-tangerine-1.jpg

So now I can fix the rock chip in the front of my tank... and paint my windshield/fairing.

More pics once finished.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@dedave I know this thread is quite old at this point, but I am wondering if you have the brand / name of the paint you ended up using. Finding a color code or touch-up paint for my new '19 800 Icon has been a masterclass in frustration. I had a car drive me off the road after only 500 miles with the new bike, which bashed the front headlight (replaced w/ an LED setup), bashed the left tank cover (replaced), and left a small dent w/ paint chip on the bottom left of the tank.

I can easily just sand and bondo that little chip but I cannot find a matching paint - and I'm not spending 1.6k for a whole new tank for a small scuff.

·
Registered
31 Posts
@dedave I know this thread is quite old at this point, but I am wondering if you have the brand / name of the paint you ended up using. Finding a color code or touch-up paint for my new '19 800 Icon has been a masterclass in frustration. I had a car drive me off the road after only 500 miles with the new bike, which bashed the front headlight (replaced w/ an LED setup), bashed the left tank cover (replaced), and left a small dent w/ paint chip on the bottom left of the tank.

I can easily just sand and bondo that little chip but I cannot find a matching paint - and I'm not spending 1.6k for a whole new tank for a small scuff.
Sorry that happened, hope you weren't too hurt! These bikes are pretty tough. I think he recommended this paint in the post, worth a try.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Hi Tinuviel, Sorry I didn't get back to ya sooner. If you go to a good auto paint shop they can match it real close. Atomic Tangerine is my color, but there are no paint codes, or at least there were no paint codes for this.

The nail polish is Kiss® gel strong dtgnp15- "mood today"

I don't think the competition orange is close enough, I looked at all those paints at the time. My little chip is repaired and not really even noticeable, and I didn't even do the best job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts