Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

I'm 33 yo...I don't own a car but I really want a bike...
some people tell me hey great idea get a small bike something like 200cc to learn and after that get something bigger 700 or 800.

some data:
height: 177 cm
weight: 70 kg

should I buy a 200 cc and learn and some time later get this Scrambler Icon?

second question
someone told me this bike (scramble icon)would be kinda heavy for you.... that's why I added my weight above? what do you think?

thanks guys

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Hi Kopper Welcome to the forum, :) good to have you here,

The Icon won't be too heavy or tall for you, go down the dealers and have a sit on one, best if you can put both feet on the ground (you didn't give inside leg measurement) but it must feel comfortable,

The 125 honda is a good bike to start learning on, cheap to buy and easy to sell on after your test, But you do it whichever way you feel comfortable with,
My son started with a 125 I bought, did direct access test, and I sold the bike straight after for the same money it cost me,
Good luck and I hope it goes well for you,

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Direct access was designed for riders like you, a bit older and not daft. Go for the Scrambler and take it easy. Nice seating position, relatively low and light with wide bars and not mad with power. Perfect.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Kopper Welcome to the forum, :) good to have you here,

The Icon won't be too heavy or tall for you, go down the dealers and have a sit on one, best if you can put both feet on the ground (you didn't give inside leg measurement) but it must feel comfortable,

The 125 honda is a good bike to start learning on, cheap to buy and easy to sell on after your test, But you do it whichever way you feel comfortable with,
My son started with a 125 I bought, did direct access test, and I sold the bike straight after for the same money it cost me,
Good luck and I hope it goes well for you,
thanks ELVISTO I will be having your advice handy... still need to do some stuff before buying any bike :)

thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Direct access was designed for riders like you, a bit older and not daft. Go for the Scrambler and take it easy. Nice seating position, relatively low and light with wide bars and not mad with power. Perfect.
that's too bad I live in Costa Rica, I was reading about this Direct Access course and looks good for a novice

I will be taking classes here in Costa Rica that's for sure, I just need to be sure, if they have a similar method...first something under 200cc and later 500 cc or above

thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha Ha Costa Rica,;) Good way to come for Direct Access :rolleyes:

But good luck with whatever you decide Kopper, :cool:
yeah but I got the idea, I will be requesting this same approach for my bike training start with low cc and later higher... the hour training costs only 13$

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
hi guys

I'm 33 yo...I don't own a car but I really want a bike...
some people tell me hey great idea get a small bike something like 200cc to learn and after that get something bigger 700 or 800.

some data:
height: 177 cm
weight: 70 kg

should I buy a 200 cc and learn and some time later get this Scrambler Icon?

second question
someone told me this bike (scramble icon)would be kinda heavy for you.... that's why I added my weight above? what do you think?

thanks guys
Hi Kopper, I am 160cms and weigh 59kgs (with arthritic hands) - if I can handle the Scrambler I'm sure you can ;). Probably best to learn on something smaller in ccs, over here in the UK you can generally sell learner bikes (125s) for the money you paid for them. Then when you get some experience under your belt you have such a choice! The question is whether you will want to stay long on a smaller bike ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts