Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im staring to customize my 2016 yellow icon: will post pics as I go along. Feel free to comment or suggest changes!
Installed so far-
* Bought it with a tail tidy already installed by original owner.
(1) Rizoma frame guard/slider - It was hanging on the parts wall at my local dealership (all dusty after sitting around for years). Parts girl did not even know what bike model it was for until I inquired if it fit the ICON.
Purchased but not installed yet -
(2) Ducabike wet clutch kit - has the clear window to show the clutch spinning. I had it already on my shelf - I had put it on another bike I owned a few years ago (and then removed it before selling the bike). Noticed it "fogs up" in cold weather obscuring the clutch until engine is hot. Considered buying and installing the dry clutch kit by "KBike" (but its $2600 - and it does include item #3)
(3) Used Brembo Hydraulic Clutch lever, line, slave, and Clutch push rod (needed to install #2)
(4) Used Handle bar off a Monster 1100 (tried to buy a Rizoma handle bar kit with gauge relocator to center but its on back order with no ETA). Did not want to go with clip ons but they do look cool!
(5) Used Brembo Front Brake lever.
(6) MIVV slip on muffler - Delta Race Inox.
(7) Rizoma Wave fluid reservoirs (in silver) for rear brake, clutch, front brake. These have been discontinued so had to shop around to find them, one was used. I will have to paint one silver.
Considering but not purchased yet-
(8) Ohlins adjustable forks from a superbike. Maybe 999?
(9) Set of wheels for a 999.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Installed the MIVV Delta Race Inox muffler last pm. Two bolts and spring hold the OEM on, 1 bolt and 2 springs hold the MIVV on. Install lierally tooke 15 minutes. It came with a baffle which was rivetted in (see pic #3). Took a fair amount of effort to get it out - will try to ride it today and see if I like the sound better with it in or out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rode it with the baffle out (very loud) - decided I liked the sound better with it in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Picked up a new set of the spoked wheels for a great price. Brought the wheels into to my dealer and had Angel GT installed then swapped them out at home. Hardest part was driving the cush bearings into the rear wheel - really need a press to do it properly but alittle (McGiver like) creativity got it done. Had to swap out the brake disks, etc. Was not sure if all the axel shims would be the same but the wheels bolted right on. Im very pleased with the look. Ordered a bottle of ACF 50 to spray the spokes since I live near the ocean to prevent rust.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Picked up a new set of the spoked wheels for a great price. Brought the wheels into to my dealer and had Angel GT installed then swapped them out at home. Hardest part was driving the cush bearings into the rear wheel - really need a press to do it properly but alittle (McGiver like) creativity got it done. Had to swap out the brake disks, etc. Was not sure if all the axel shims would be the same but the wheels bolted right on. Im very pleased with the look. Ordered a bottle of ACF 50 to spray the spokes since I live near the ocean to prevent rust.
View attachment 45825
Looks great, I just switched from cast wheels to spokes but not happy about the weight increase. Have you had any luck with the 999 front wheel? I've read in a few places that its doable with correct axel/spacer/disc combination but there's no definitive guide.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I decided not to purchase a set of 999 wheels. I was just considering them since I had a set that was avail to buy for very little money and then i would have a 17 inch front wheel for street tires. My idea was to also get a set of 999 adjustable forks/triple trees/brake etc so mounting the front wheel would not be an issue. The spacers for the rear wheel and the modification of the speedo/ABS sensors would also need to be factored in. Im sure it would be possible to get the correct spacers. Ive taken enough Ducatis apart (usually the monsters models) over the years to know that many different model year parts are universal but not decided it was not worth the effort IMHO.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put on the rizoma handlebar with gauge relocate kit and the windscreen kit yesterday. It was quite alot more work than the instructions indicated. Had to re-route clutch and front brake line cables and some wires (this involved loosening the headlight and triming back some of the shrink wrap off some wiring bundles). I like the look but note the kit requires the bottome part of the gauge cluster to be omitted and I am concerned about water entry when riding in rain (I live in Florida and ofter get exposed to heavy rain when out riding).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have concluded that this website is dead, Im going to stick with viewing and posting on Ducati.ms. Recommend anybody reading this do the same.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have concluded that this website is dead, Im going to stick with viewing and posting on Ducati.ms. Recommend anybody reading this do the same.

Yeah and it's bizarre that there are two nearly identical different Ducati Scrambler forums and they're both dead! I feel like the target Scrambler audience is more active on Instagram. I love Ducati.ms as a reference for old DIY knowledge but its not so active as well. Theres a cool crowd at the ADVRider forums but not a heavy Ducati presence over there either.

Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts