Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apart from the fact that the actual scrambler is pretty sold out right now I've heard some rumours that there will be a 1100cc air-cooled version within short as well. I guess, at least, for my 17, maybe next year.

Any opinions/infos about that, too?

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
That's the latest rumour. Earlier this year (out of Borgo Panigale) the rumour was it'd be a 400cc and a real scrambler:)

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
That's the latest rumour. Earlier this year (out of Borgo Panigale) the rumour was it'd be a 400cc and a real scrambler:)
Ducati made a 400cc Monster about a decade ago, so it wouldn't be a stretch for them to adapt that motor and bring it to market, and the 1100 obviously exists already.

I can't see much of a market for the 1100 version, but I'm sure the 400 would sell very well - especially in Asia - as long as the price is right.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've had a couple of Multistrada 1100's and only sold my last one a couple of months back, but I think the 800 motor is much sweeter, smoother and better suited to the Scrambler. As it stands I think Ducati have a found good balance between power, a naked, upright riding position and a good fun back to basics bike. Bigger isn't always better.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I've had a couple of Multistrada 1100's and only sold my last one a couple of months back, but I think the 800 motor is much sweeter, smoother and better suited to the Scrambler. As it stands I think Ducati have a found good balance between power, a naked, upright riding position and a good fun back to basics bike. Bigger isn't always better.
Yep had an 1100 multi sweet engine but your right the 803cc is nice balance

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
But it wont stop Ducati tinkering with lots of different versions though. That's how you keep selling more units.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
think so, too.

the brand is 'scrambler' therefore different bikes and probably engine versions are expected to come.
everything from more 'dirt-orientated' to more kind of café racer.

future competitors will be bmw scrambler (1200cc) and forthcoming triumph scrambler/café racer (+/- 1000 cc).
803cc won't be sufficient in the future.

·
Registered
178 Posts
803cc won't be sufficient in the future.
I bet you it will be. More engine options will come and so will bikes from other manufacturers, but there's a growing interest in mid-sized bikes that are simple, without loads of technology, easy to just get on and ride and, at the end leave you with a smile on your face.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...at the end leave you with a smile on your face.
I'm quite sure you're right!

Although there's a trend for engine downsizing and more simplicity in riding the basic behavior in 'performance arming' between manufacturers are going on. We'll see. The main fair 'EICMA' is on the way and first teaser and common 'spy pics' are to be expected during this month or beginning September.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I love HP and torque as much as the next guy but when I bought my Hypermoto two years ago, I had no interest in the 1100 and bought the 796. That 1100 put out only five more hp than the 796 but of course a lot more torque. For me the 796 has plenty of get up and go but the power is still so usable.

I am sick of heavy, tall bikes and like the idea of lighter weight machines. Too many riders let their ego get in the way and buy what they want or think they'll need. Everyone can be guilty of this in some way, but when it comes to motorcycle performance, even a "slow bike" is fast by car standards and plenty fun to ride. The expression it is more fun to ride a slower bike quickly than a quicker bike slowly sums it up nicely.

NC

·
Registered
17 Posts
I love my Monster 1100 EVO... but I REALLY love the Scrambler. I think the size, power to weight ratio and fueling from the 803 is the almost perfect mix for the street. I am SO close to trading in my Monster on a Scrambler... SO close... lol.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'll be perfectly honest here: if they came out with a light, 400-500cc Scrambler with EFI and decent hp/gearing that leaned toward modern supermotos, I would be reeeeeeeeeeeeally tempted to trade my new baby in.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm the other way, as long as they kept it simple and straight forward as Joe Bar says above easy to just get on and ride, I'd be ordering the 1100 as soon as its announced, though would also keep the 800 too

·
Registered
619 Posts
I might end up with one of each. as soon as I get my harley project finished and sold the next project is supposed to be a 400cc plus 2 stroker cafe demon. But I might end up with another ducati.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts