Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Was doing a bit of DIY on the Sled the other night and put an oil radiator guard on. Even though the guard itself is a simple clip-on I still had to remove the plastic bit of body work around it. When doing this a small silver nut dropped to the ground. For the life of me I can't figure out where it goes as the two body panel bolts from the side seem to tighten nicely to the frame without a nut. Anybody any idea where this may have come from?

On a side note, It is crazy that Ducati put no protection on the oil radiator as it is so exposed to stones being flicked up by the front wheel.

Thanks guys,

Sean

·
Registered
211 Posts
Are you the first owner? What are the chances it was dropped in there during a previous service?

If I had a dollar for every nut I dropped into the crevices of the engine and unable to retrieve, even with the best of magnetic probes...

It's probably good I'm not a surgeon.

·
Registered
289 Posts
It's a backing nut for one of the screws that hold the trim piece on.

-Bob

·
Registered
289 Posts
T

Thanks Bob! I'll try to get it back on over the weekend - Space is tight back there though!
Yeah there's not much wiggle room. I forget why I took the panel off, but I had the same experience. Wondered where the heck the nut came from. I think I found a parts diagram that showed it.

-Bob

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bob,

You are 100% correct! I searched out a parts diagram for the oil cooler and there was my mystery nut! Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bob,

You are 100% correct! I searched out a parts diagram for the oil cooler and there was my mystery nut! Thanks for the help.
Just a quick update. Popped the nut back on yesterday. Good job I did as the bolt had started to work its way loose. Thanks for all the help guys!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Funny enough, the threads were somehow stripped on the chassis where that 'spacer' goes, so I just put the nut on the end of it to keep it tight, and that's exactly where it should've gone... For those interested, this is the diagram, nut is circled.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Haha I had the same thing happen to me when installed my K&N filter. Wasnt sure where it belonged as all the bolts went in to welded-on nuts. Good thing I saved it, thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts