Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Which Option?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Forum! Immediately put on the Mugello seat and next side panels when I got my bike. Was messing around tonight and put on the OEM panels and seat and can't tell which one is best on the eyes.

Will you guys let me know your thoughts

Option 1:

Duca1.jpg

Option 2:

Duca2.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think I like second picture better.
The first one looks good too, don't get me wrong but TBH the seat looks a bit flat (needs a little scooped out of the front section...for style) and the sidecover was great a couple of years ago if you fabricated it personally but these days every man and his canine accomplice has either seen them on Fleabay or actually bought one.
It just doesn't have the "flair" about it that the original Italian styled item does (like the way the trim at the base of the seat and the line of the top of the sidecover compliment each other).
I like your CF tank panels and the subtle Ducati emblem. The indicators need to match to give the bike consistency from any angle front or rear..
The MIA guards are cool too but (for me at least) the bars are one size too high and I'm sure there's another slipon somewhere down the track.

Sorry if I'm overstepping the mark in my critique of your bike...ya did ask...sort of..
My own bike, meh, stock as a rock (I've only had it three months) I can't stop riding it...haven't got time (yet) for mods.

Keep up the good work mate...(y)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Option 1 is awful looking, the aftermarket panel is too big and distracting and looks poorly made. It looks like it came off a tractor and almost fits but not quite. Option 2 looks a lot better, if you dont like that look of the battery box just find a way to close off the small triangle that they peek through.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I say 1. Yes, the panel doesn’t fit 100%, but at least it’s not the flimsy, cheap looking OEM plastic that looks even worse close up. Mine is similar. Same seat, another panel. Wheels look great on yours. Have you considered lower bars? And maybe some black paint on the heat shield in front of the timing belt cover next? Small mods that does a lot in my opinion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, lower bars are next. Need help determining what size and options are best that requires the least amount of effort to install. I've been noodling on the Renthal's.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think Renthal will be fine. I have Rizoma Fatbar on mine. The black one with 55 mm rise. The link is here. If looks alone were to decide, I would have gone with the lower one, but I chose the 55 mm because it seemed like a good compromise between looks and ergo. It really does change the appearance of the bike a lot. And for me also improves ergo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, Celziam for your feedback. The battery box is what it is and is fine its the
Option 1 is awful looking, the aftermarket panel is too big and distracting and looks poorly made. It looks like it came off a tractor and almost fits but not quite. Option 2 looks a lot better, if you dont like that look of the battery box just find a way to close off the small triangle that they peek through.
Thanks, Celziam for your feedback. The battery box is what it is, its the reflective heat tape for me. Today, I used a box cutter to finely cut the portion that wraps around and up on the box. Really happy with the outcome, cleans it up quite a bit. . Don't think removing that much will fry anything 😎

1 - 11 of 11 Posts