Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have very wide hands/palms but my fingers are a little short. So if I get a large size glove that works for finger length I can't get them over my palms. If I get an XL or XXL my palms fit but there is so much extra room in the finger tips it can make working the controls less than ideal. Recently, I have developed tendonitis in the base of both thumbs (dequervain's tendonitis) and even an XL can be too tight across the base of my thumbs so I am now looking into the XXL size and getting frustrated. All my local dealers only ever stock $40 gloves which suck in general and I have spent too much money trial and error buying online.

So if anyone here has found a brand of glove that seems to be a bit wider in the palm but not extra long in the finger let me know what you have found.

Thanks.

NC

·
Registered
198 Posts
You might need to try customized hand gloves.. I'm sure someone on the net must be selling.

Otherwise, you might look into leather welding or gardening gloves.

Good luck!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried all manner of non-riding gloves and have found most to be cheap and not suitable for a day on the bike. Regarding custom gloves, I think I'll go that route and have it done.

NC

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hmm. If you need gloves so drastically wider than your fingers are long, it might have to be a custom job.

The only brand I know that offered finger length versions is Held. I've seen some of their gloves with long and short finger versions.
Held Nero: Held Nero Glove

I sort of had the opposite problem for a long time, I have really long fingers but found the Italian brands seem to design for that a bit more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts