Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, can anyone please explain to me why the vertical cylinder measure point is not in red circle? This is the same place as measure point at horizontal cylinder - between the crankshaft and mobile tensioner. But green circle at vertical cylinder is between crankshaft and immobile roller. This is not same bending (angle) belts. Violet line is not same as yellow line. So why should the frequency be the same? I think that if the frequency should be the same, the vertical belt must be more tight. Thank You.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Hi, can anyone please explain to me why the vertical cylinder measure point is not in red circle? This is the same place as measure point at horizontal cylinder - between the crankshaft and mobile tensioner. But green circle at vertical cylinder is between crankshaft and immobile roller. This is not same bending (angle) belts. Violet line is not same as yellow line. So why should the frequency be the same? I think that if the frequency should be the same, the vertical belt must be more tight. Thank You.
View attachment 47289
The bending angle as you put it hasn’t got much to do with it. It’s the distance between tangents that counts.
Without me checking that distance I’ll guess they measure the same, therefor the Hz reading will match. I’ll be doing Scrambler belts soon so I’ll make a point of looking.

Why don’t you take readings from both spots if you’re in there anyway. Then you’ll know.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I'm with @Hui .

Also, the yellow side on the vertical cylinder has the belt tension adjuster, and looking at the shape of the cam the roller is bolted on, the distance between the layshaft and the adjustable roller is not constant...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm with @Hui .

Also, the yellow side on the vertical cylinder has the belt tension adjuster, and looking at the shape of the cam the roller is bolted on, the distance between the layshaft and the adjustable roller is not constant...
Yes, but the same goes for the yellow line on the horizontal cylinder? When I have the opportunity, I will measure the difference frequency between green and red circle at vertical cylinder.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts