Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
I am quite happy with how my stock bars on my 2016 Icon feel, but I would like to swap them out with black bars of the exact or near THE SAME geometry.
I was interested in Renthals possibly. I DO NOT want to use the Full Throttle bars.

Does anyone know the geometry of the stock Icon bars or where I can find that info?

Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, and in addition to the dress on the bracket 'd prefer to have handlebar in hand and have it put on all at one time. What am I going to ride while the bar is being painted. Good suggestion, even if not safe.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
If you decide to have the original bars painted/powder coated, mask off the throttle tube section. You don't want the added layer to interfere with your throttle action.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I have installed a set of powder coated Icon bars, clamps etc on my FTP and everything seems fine.
Should I be worried about the clamps busting?
Powder coat is relatively thick compared to paint which can make switchgear and bar clamps too tight. If the clamps are forced tight they can splay out and snap. Most companies would recognise the application and make the coating as thin as possible but not all.
I think if you managed to fit them and all is well with the fit and finish then you won’t have anything to worry about. I only mentioned it as a possibility as I have come across somebody who broke a bar clamp on a Diavel, and that was without powdercoat.
It used to be commonplace with similar front axle clamps too.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
If you had seen what I’ve seen, then the answer is Yes.
Please can you elaborate Hui. I was doing 90mph yesterday round a gently sweeping left-hander.
Surely there must be at least stress on the clamps from the front suspension, especially if you hit a pothole.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
If you had seen what I’ve seen, then the answer is Yes.
Im assuming the insides of the clamps are coating free btw. Them it’s just the coating on the bars, which from my experience is thin enough.

Seen powder bars plenty of times.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
How? The clamps hold the bars to the top yoke right. So the lighter your grip, fewer forces on the bars.

But anyway, if they are bolted down as required, and they feel firm, worst can happen the coating cracks. But that doesn’t happen easily.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts