Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone could please give me the inner diameter of the cafe racers handlebars I would really appreciate it. I bought a new 2018 cafe racer a couple weeks ago but it’s located in Washington & I’m from Massachusetts. Because of the covid19 virus it can’t be shipped until after the ‘stay at home advisory’ is lifted on May 4th. If that’s even when it’s lifted. So in the meantime I’ve been ordering parts to put on it to make it to my liking. I need the inner diameter of the bars tho for end caps that will be compatible with both my bars & the rear view mirror I bought. I believe they’re 7/8 bars. Is that correct? Any help, info or advice will be appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an 1100 I.D. 14.6. Original 800 bars I.D. 16.9. Sorry don’t do cafe racer.
Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate u taking the time to get me that measurement. Unfortunately the cafe racer has clip on bars so that’s really what I need the I.D. of is the clip ons, but again, thanks for taking the time & for trying to help me out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most importantly I need the inner diameter but if you’re taking the time to measure for me & could also tell me the outer diameter that would be helpful as well. Again, please and thank you ?

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Outer diameter is 7/8" (22mm and a bit). I don't have a Cafe Racer so I can't measure the inside diameter for you. Most mirrrors and bar ends come with universal mounting hardware that fits any bars with an ID between 14 and 18mm...

Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Outer diameter is 7/8" (22mm and a bit). I don't have a Cafe Racer so I can't measure the inside diameter for you. Most mirrrors and bar ends come with universal mounting hardware that fits any bars with an ID between 14 and 18mm...

Good luck!
Thanks for the reply. Yes I know there are many universal bar end caps & mirrors that would fit my bars, but finding caps that fit my bars isn’t the problem. The problem is that my mirror (which is the motogadget m view spy mirror) has a clamp inner diameter of 1” but all the models of compatible caps I’ve seen have a larger outer diameter than that. Motogadget does make a nice set of end caps that are compatible with both my bars & mirror but because I don’t want a mirror on my right side, that cap would have a gap where a mirror would normally be. So I’m in talks to have some caps made but I need the exact inner diameter of the cafe racers bars. I’ve checked pretty much every set of universal caps I could find & all are too thick for my mirrors clamp. Except for the motogadget ones that is. Even the rizoma pro/pro b mirror adapter caps are 30 mm which is almost a quarter of an inch thicker than my mirror clamp. anyways thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For what it’s worth to anyone reading this thread, this is my mirror:
& these are the caps that would work but because I only want a left hand side mirror, would leave me with a gap on the right side:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What gap? Why don't leave the stock bar end weight on the right?
Well because the bike comes with bar end mirrors as is, & I don’t really want one of those caps with no mirror on it on one side either. I want a nice set of matching end caps. I don’t know maybe I’m picky but I just don’t want a mismatched set. Plus the stock end caps have (at least I believe they do) a space for a mirror also. The Moto gadget caps are sold in sets. If I got those I wouldn’t want to only use one. Especially for the price. & this is the gap I’m referring to:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
You can't have it symmetrical if you only want a mirror on one side, right?

Anyway, let us know what you find!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’ve been looking all over the place online for some end caps compatible with my mirror but basically every set I’ve looked into has a larger diameter than an inch. Only the motogadget ones have a one inch mounting space. I just wish motogadget had an option to get ones where you could mount a mirror on only one side & then the other side would have a matching cap that sits flush with the end of your handlebar & grip. I did find a company who will make custom end caps & I’ve been told they could make me what I’m looking for, they just need the inner diameter of the bars. I wish I could just take the measurement myself! This stupid corona virus is screwing everything up in the world these days! I know there’s more important things going on than me getting my bike but it’d sure be nice to have it since I paid for it about a month ago. I can’t believe it’s still just sitting in Washington! Maybe that’s why I’ve been obsessing over little details like these parts. Because it’s all I can do while I wait is order stuff for the bike. Anyway, any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. If anyone knows of bar end plugs I could use or a way to accomplish what I’m trying to accomplish please lmk. Thanks again!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can't have it symmetrical if you only want a mirror on one side, right?

Anyway, let us know what you find!
Well, symmetrical no but I just mean that I’d like a flush plug for the right bar end. That’s all. I’m not alone in wanting to have just one mirror. As you probably already know many people do it. I just happen to prefer it that way. It’s just a personal preference. Some companies give up options for such a set up. Here’s an example, Rhinomoto has end plugs like these ones (pictured below) only I can’t use them because my clamp doesn’t come apart like the clamp of say for example a CRG mirror. My clamp only has one Allen bolt so it needs to slide over the cap and wouldn’t make it to the groove in these Rhinomoto ones, where a CRG clamp can be taken apart into two pieces and reassembled at the groove. If I had known the damn mirror was gonna cause me this much of a headache I’d have just gotten another one but oh well. I have a few weeks to try and find the inner diameter & I think I’ll be fine when I get that. Once I order caps I’ll post pics & a link incase anyone comes across this thread in the future & can find out a thing or two from it. For now I’m still on the hunt for the measurement. Thanks tho for trying to help!

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
If someone could please give me the inner diameter of the cafe racers handlebars I would really appreciate it. I bought a new 2018 cafe racer a couple weeks ago but it’s located in Washington & I’m from Massachusetts. Because of the covid19 virus it can’t be shipped until after the ‘stay at home advisory’ is lifted on May 4th. If that’s even when it’s lifted. So in the meantime I’ve been ordering parts to put on it to make it to my liking. I need the inner diameter of the bars tho for end caps that will be compatible with both my bars & the rear view mirror I bought. I believe they’re 7/8 bars. Is that correct? Any help, info or advice will be appreciated! Thanks.
CR 2019. I would expect the tubes are the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CR 2019. I would expect the tubes are the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! I owe ya one. Appreciate u taking the time to give me the measurement. I’ve been trying to get it for a couple weeks now with no success. Thanks again!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts