Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Sunday I decided to get get out on my own and enjoy the Scrambler experience. I have around 1600 km on the clock now including the 350 I did on the day. It's winter here in Tasmania. The temperature on the road was around 7 degrees Celsius for the whole trip. I came back in freezing rain for over 100 km's; luckily I was rugged up with some good gear and a terrific rain suit. My heated vest saved the day I think!

But you know what? It was one of the most enjoyable rides I've had in ages. This bike just makes me laugh and giggle everywhere I go. Even though the Land of Joy slogan seems a bit corny, whoever came up with it has obviously ridden it a lot.

Definitely one of the most fun bikes ever. I'm enjoying every minute. No matter what the weather throws at me.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Wow Tasmania! This bike is getting around :D - would love to go there, although don't think I could brave the cold like you I suffer too much! :rolleyes:

You are right it is a FUN bike with no pretensions to be anything else :thumbsup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I patiently await the summer. All will be well again! There's around 5 down here now. And there'll soon be many more. I'm a life member of the Italian Motorcycle Club of Tasmania (160 members). Word is spreading through the group and they can't shut me up about the bloody thing.
Thanks for you comments Little Owl.
If you want a taste of Tasmania without being here, check this out. Michael Neeve was certainly impressed:
We do have some great roads...

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I'm like littleowl, I dodge the cold every chance I get, so my hat's off to you. It's great to hear how much you are enjoying the bike; how about some heated grips?

Sarah

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Sarah

Nice to hear from you. To complement the heated vest I've bought I'm going to buy some heated inner gloves from the same company. That way I can still use any of the 5 pairs of gloves I own (!) and can use them no matter what bike I jump on for a ride.

Here's a link: Venture Heated Motorcycle Clothing Gear Heated Gloves Zarkie

The vest is very nice on a cold day believe me! Three heat settings and all contained in the clothing itself. No leads. Gloves are the same.

All the best

Rod

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I hear you, I have a heated jacket liner myself! Sounds like a plan with gloves in the works.

Sarah

1 - 6 of 6 Posts