Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went through 2 iterations on my 2015 Icon to find my optimal setup. Had a set of FT bars and Rizoma MA009 bars and absolutely hated how wide they were. Found some Rizoma Race Retro bars, Brembo Clutch and Brake Master Cylinder kit over the winter and they are finally on. I also decided to change to a dedicated sport touring tire since I’m rarely on dirt.

Ergos are an ideal compromise now between sporty and upright for me. I was toying with the idea of replacing it with a new ride but after these changes, I don’t think I’ll ever get rid of it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
very classy, I like those bars they look like clip-ons but without the commitment to back pain. I'm kind of sick of my full throttle bars they're just too wide but I love the tracker look. What is that pod thing you park the bike in? that is awesome.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very classy, I like those bars they look like clip-ons but without the commitment to back pain. I'm kind of sick of my full throttle bars they're just too wide but I love the tracker look. What is that pod thing you park the bike in? that is awesome.
It’s quite comfortable. My wrists aren’t what they used to be but I still like a natural sporty position. I took a shot at the purchase and I’m very happy they fit well.

It’s from company called MotoCabin. MotoCabin Motorcycle Shed Storage Solution

It’s their older model. Kind of expensive at 2k but I no longer have a garage. Well worth it for the Northeast winters.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Beautiful bike!! Wow you should enter it on Bike of the Month on Ducati.ms!!
I LOVE that black chrome looking paint. What is it called??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Beautiful bike!! Wow you should enter it on Bike of the Month on Ducati.ms!!
I LOVE that black chrome looking paint. What is it called??
Thank you! I'm actually not sure what the color is. A local auto body shop did it with some leftover paint they had for a larger job. I did it more because the yellow was just blinding on sunny days. Not sure it would win anything. I haven't washed it for 5 years now. She rides like a dream though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That color combo, the seat and the bars look awesome together, looks like a custom retro build
Thank you! The paint really does it for me. It’s pretty subtle and easy on the eyes. The side panels were actually vinyl wrapped because I couldn’t decide on a color. Much cheaper than paint and something I could do myself without the fear of permanently screwing up a part. When I’m motivated enough to wash it, I think I’ll probably take off the factory spec stickers on the frame.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts