Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Apologies if a thread exists - I’m on my phone and, like me, it’s old and a little bit shite).

a question for all the knowledgeable folk that hang around here...

I need to stick a new battery on my 2015 Icon. Planned a long ride today, jumped on it and it was dead as a dodo. The battery is the original and I think I’ve heard said they only have a 5-6 year life (?). Not looking for any weight saving or anything other than a decent battery to do what batteries do.

I’m guessing I can fit this myself (please flag up any issues for a spanner-numpty) and before I go to the dealership I wanted to ask if there are any ‘better’ batteries out there for whatever reasons?

thanks in advance everyone, Deano

·
Registered
289 Posts
2015: still have original battery. Cranks fine (at least as fine as a Duc will crank). When the time comes will probably go with the yuasa.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Vijf jaar is oké. Ik heb een nieuwe Yuasha geplaatst en voelt zich als nieuwe startmotor.
Het is een eenvoudig klusje en staat op een youtube filmpje.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone!

2015: still have original battery. Cranks fine (at least as fine as a Duc will crank). When the time comes will probably go with the yuasa.
Mine's been fine since day one. The only other time it let me down was when I forgot to connect my Optimate and let it sit idle for several weeks. I've charged it back up and the bike starts but I think I'm ready for a new one – there was no warning to this, I'd been riding regularly and Sunday morning it just said no.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Thanks everyone!

Mine's been fine since day one. The only other time it let me down was when I forgot to connect my Optimate and let it sit idle for several weeks. I've charged it back up and the bike starts but I think I'm ready for a new one – there was no warning to this, I'd been riding regularly and Sunday morning it just said no.
You most likely have a cell that is collapsing. As you say it is a warning so heed it because it will happen again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My stock Yuasa battery lasted for almost 5 years, replaced it with BS Battery MF-BT12B-BS which was the cheapest option I could find. Installation was easy and it comes with instructions for filling the acid.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Once your battery gives you trouble, it will only get worse from there. I alway replace them at the first sign, and agree that Yuasa is about as good as you can get.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Once your battery gives you trouble, it will only get worse from there. I alway replace them at the first sign, and agree that Yuasa is about as good as you can get.
Done. Bobbed to Battery World here in Sydney and they fitted it for free. Possibly could have got it cheaper elsewhere and fitted it myself but I didn't want to get left with an old battery I needed to dispose of. $180 if anyone my neck o' woods is interested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts