Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My man tells me I will need new chain and sprocket on my FTP in about 2,000 (UK) miles. Currently done just over 11,000.
Is that about right for average to medium fast riding? All on road plus à couplé of track days.

Also toying with the idea of an oiler. Would welcome comments including specific recommendations. Have looked at Tutoro (and of course Scott).

·
Registered
288 Posts
I look for links that don't straighten out and/or rust around an o-ring. I'm getting around 15k mi (gear oil as lube 4-500 mi). With an oiler probably around 20k mi.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Imo the chain on the Scrambler is undersized. Probably to cut costs so around 20,000 km is I guess reasonable all be it a little low. I generally get 35,000-40,000km from chains.
Have a look at the Cobrra Nemo2 Oiler. Best one on the market but I can’t figure out how to fit it to the Scrambler with its banana shaped swing arm. There is a huge gap between the lower edge of the swing arm and the bottom run if the chain in front of the rear sprocket where the oil needs to be delivered

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I’ve hard piped the Scot-oiler into the front sprocket using 3/16th copper brake pipe for years on most if not all my bikes.
Either crush the end of the pipe with a needle in it, remove needle and you’re left with a perfect delivery hole, shape the pipe to fit, secure it inside the main frame to exit onto the lower inside run of the chain. You can also push the small plastic delivery nozzle into the copper pipe if you want.
No ugly pipework to be seen at the swingarm, or anywhere for that matter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts