Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Ducati is finally coming out with some new accessories. They have a new Termignoni high exhaust listed on their site which I think is only available for the Desert Sled...high exhaust but low routing. Anybody seen/heard this in person? Offroad only?
upload_2017-5-23_11-12-13.png

Also a new "Flat Classic Seat" I saw on their instagram today but can't find any other info or pictures for it. Looks like a nice seat but again may be for the Cafe Racer only. Any info anyone?
upload_2017-5-23_11-13-37.png

I gotta say for a bike that has been marketed as highly customizable, Ducati sure hasn't really offered much in the way of cool parts. Anyway, the seat looks cool....I wonder if they will offer some decent side covers for it besides the number plate ones.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I like that Termi exhaust, and at the same time I hate it.

A high mounted Termi makes me greedy, but.... It looks like it mounts to the stock DS exhaust (same lunchbox under the swingarm), and really has an ugly upsweep around the duo foot pegs, which I don't have installed anyway....

And yeah, you can't use bags anymore...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Have Termi got their dates mixed up? Shirley that exhaust was due for an April 1st release?

It looks a f*cking abomination, and that's being kind to it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Besides being awful to look at, that high pipe seems a low for the majority of the system. I understand that the way the engine is mounted that it is next to impossible to keep the entire exhaust away from the bottom of the bike, but this isn't even trying. It's more like a "high mount" slip on than a full system. Side note, does the Termignoni Race Line system not mount on the DS? This sounds like a much better choice than this thing.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Personally, I never cared for the original high termi exhaust...or any of the aftermarket high exhausts for that matter. For some reason though...I really like the thin can on this one. Seems geared much more for utility. The form works for me if the function is right I suppose.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
'It looks a f*cking abomination, and that's being kind to it." Hahaha!

It would be nice to have a somewhat comfortable flatter/slimmer seat without having to order something from Thailand. IMO the stock seats on our bikes are way to big especially considering that they aren't all that comfortable. I know the Mustang seat has nice reviews but again it's too big for my taste. The one above looks promising but obviously it will need some sort of side panels to fill the gaps. Only a couple options for side panels...none of them look all that great to me. Come on Ducati lets see some real parts instead of little trim pieces, pegs, handle bars etc.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It'd be nice if they made some better looking side panels to go with their two flat bottomed seats. I just broke down and bought the mustang seat but if they came out with some better side panels id take the mustang seat to an upholstery shop to be modified in a minute. I hate that damn swoop under the seat.

edit; that exhaust is gross, for shame Termi, for shame

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the Termi High-Pipe pictured here. It actually looks better that in pictures, but it SOUNDS exactly the same as the stock exhaust because it does not replace the catalytic converted. I am not looking for a cat delete to give it some kinda sound. Too quiet for my taste.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I see a market for a stainless steel or aluminium bracket mounted to the brake cylinder, so you can use any aftermarket Scrambler exhaust...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also, not sure if you are aware, the cat on the Desert Sled is different than the cat on the Icon, etc... The Icon has one regular size pipe leaving the cat, and the Desert has two 1-inch pipes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts