Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Thanks but must say I watched the first half of the video in morbid fascination about what was going to happen when you tried to physically remove the OEM shock. I could not believe that you had even started the job without having the jack between the tyre and rear chassis in place.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Meh, you live and you learn, thats the funniest part of the video, where I am just tapping around with the mallet :BangHead: I also completely forgot how the left control bracket was attached. No other vids out there that I could find so everyone can learn from my mistakes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Love the video. And especially the fact that it was not pre rehearsed. And even cooler that you had an r32 to borrow the jack from. Those are bad ass cars. Any comments on the shock? So Far you are the first i have seen to install it. Great work

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love the video. And especially the fact that it was not pre rehearsed. And even cooler that you had an r32 to borrow the jack from. Those are bad ass cars. Any comments on the shock? So Far you are the first i have seen to install it. Great work
Thanks. So I have a few months on the shock. I only have the stock shock to compare it too, but I find this shock very capable. It's much smoother with less bouncing around on rough roads. I find it much more stable in corners between the front and the rear. I did move the front shocks up from 2mm to 6mm which also helped to prevent diving in corners. All in all I like the feel and look of this shock. I did find adjusting the preload more difficult than anticipated but easier than stock. Rebound adjustment seems to make the most difference. Also, from a comfort perspective I was able to ride longer with less fatigue.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Well when I did the Ohlins on mine a few years back... all I did was remove the lower bolt without removing the rear foot peg support...

There is just enough room with the correct tools...

But I used a centre lift to lift the whole bike off the frame... so did not have your potential collapse issue..

So for anyone watching this - it is possible without removing that rear hanger..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts