Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I picked up a FT today and so far love it!!!

Rookie question - Rode it home about 30 miles and no problems. When I got it home and manouvering it around, I noticed that when you have the front brake on so the front wheel can't move, you can still feel a slight movement/give trough the bars/forks or something (like a few mm's I guess) as you gently try to move/rock the bike back or forward. Seems like it's coming from the stem/fork area. Again, just slight, but like something is loose (I'm sure it's not).

I guess there has to space for the bars, forks to turn, but didn't expect to feel that.

Any thoughts on this? Is it normal? Just worried something isn't tight or set-up right.

Hope my explanation makes sense

Attachments

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
The bars have a rubber isolation mount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I hope so!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
All of my bikes did this when holding the front brake. My bike wouldn't move much, like you said a couple of MMs, and it would never exceed the space rolling forward or backward.

I wouldn't worry, but ultimately if it bothers you and you want it checked, do it. No reason to focus on this because it will affect you and your ride. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I know my Icon has rubber damped handlebars at the mount that move quite a bit when pulling back and forth. I can feel this while riding as well. That movement feels far different than slightly loose head/steering bearings. The bearings have a "clunky" feel. Anything loose on the front brake components/wheel would cause the what you are feeling too, but you could isolate that feeling rocking back and forth. It would also feel mechanically "clunky".

It would be a surprise to me if anything is actually loose due to the way my bike had every bolt. loctited, and double marked after final assembly, but anything is possible.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, I picked up a FT today and so far love it!!!

Rookie question - Rode it home about 30 miles and no problems. When I got it home and manouvering it around, I noticed that when you have the front brake on so the front wheel can't move, you can still feel a slight movement/give trough the bars/forks or something (like a few mm's I guess) as you gently try to move/rock the bike back or forward. Seems like it's coming from the stem/fork area. Again, just slight, but like something is loose (I'm sure it's not).

I guess there has to space for the bars, forks to turn, but didn't expect to feel that.

Any thoughts on this? Is it normal? Just worried something isn't tight or set-up right.

Hope my explanation makes sense
Floating front disc perhaps

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Floating front disc perhaps
Yes it is :eek: after reading the first post I thought it could be the disc pads moving,

But yesterday I did a check on my bike, And the bobbins holding the disc to the adaptor plate have quite a lot of play, ( too much play in my opinion)

I also have a BMW R1200 C, I bought one when it first came out and a couple of years later they had a load of warranty claims for the same problem , both the front discs were replaced on a lot of bikes,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts