Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well not sure how anyone else did it, but putting universal signals on was not easy, since they have different style of attachment. Both front and back I had to remove the flexible stalk from stock lights, then cut them to use with the new LEDs. Since I did not want to drill the headlight bracket, I had to remove my headlight to be able to access the nut on the other side of these type of signals.

In retrospect, could have made the rear stalks a bit shorter, but they'll do.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk 54d60a709b602acec069508483ccd296.jpg 40368cdfcc04620d4f642f42a487b864.jpg

·
Registered
941 Posts
Vince is correct, there is no need to remove the head light itself. I got hold of a set of front and rear oem signals for a great price and plan to hack them up too but looking for signals I like now before trying something similar to what you did but maybe a bit tidier ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No you don't for the stock signals. I moved my new ones to the front hole and with this type of signals it goes through the the hole and has a nut on the back. There is no way to get the nut onto the threads without taking off the headlight bracket, you need the room, even if you have a spanner.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes, pain in the ass to install front indicators! Too tight back there. Installed the rizoma action indicators. Took me more then an hour for something that small. Hardest part I think was to align the both indicators. Was to stubborn and didn't want to take the headlight out :p
image.png

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've installed Rizoma indicators at the rear but for the front I like to use the mirrors from desmoworld.de that have LED indicators built into them, it cleans up the area around the head light and the mirrors are of a good quality.

Geoff.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Smart! Was also looking for that kind of mirrors, but round ones. Didn't found one that I liked, so I bought the oem round mirrors from the Flat tracker modell.
How was the setup with the wires on your mirrors?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Well not sure how anyone else did it, but putting universal signals on was not easy, since they have different style of attachment. Both front and back I had to remove the flexible stalk from stock lights, then cut them to use with the new LEDs. Since I did not want to drill the headlight bracket, I had to remove my headlight to be able to access the nut on the other side of these type of signals.

In retrospect, could have made the rear stalks a bit shorter, but they'll do.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk View attachment 6450 View attachment 6458
Are these the cheap Ryde indicators? If so I just got some and will mount them similar to you except I will mount in the other hole to what you did on the front of the oem stem base (you mounted the stem base back to front) as the 8mm thread of the leds screws in nice and tightly, so much in fact that you do not need a nut on other side to secure the indicator.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are these the cheap Ryde indicators? If so I just got some and will mount them similar to you except I will mount in the other hole to what you did on the front of the oem stem base (you mounted the stem base back to front) as the 8mm thread of the leds screws in nice and tightly, so much in fact that you do not need a nut on other side to secure the indicator.
Yes, they are cheap ones. I had to use the front for mine because my one hole broke in my get off. So the rear hole could not be used.

For the rear, I just screwed them into the plastic holder and they fit nice and tight.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I screwed them into the base too after cutting the stem off. They were just a bit tight so made the hole teeny bit bigger and they still hold firm. These are a bargain when you compare to other half decent indicators

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice, I may have to trim some off my rear signals like yours, looks good. Even though these lights are not the most expensive LEDs, I really like the look of them over some of the other options.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Very nice, I may have to trim some off my rear signals like yours, looks good. Even though these lights are not the most expensive LEDs, I really like the look of them over some of the other options.
Yes very good value. Will look a bit better if you cut close to the base and flatten with a dremmel or similar tool.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts