Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would say a quick hello as a new member having become an 1100 Sport Pro owner on Wednesday.
Been a Hyper 796 owner for the past 11 years but was looking to get a bike that was less hooligan and a bit more befitting of my age :).
Tested a number of bikes including the RNineT and although it was a great bike, I knew it didn’t have the soul of Ducati so went for an 1100 SP which I wasn’t able to test ride before purchase.
What a bike! I am completely in love with it and am proud to say that I am a Ducasti forever!

Fuel tank Sky Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

Cloud Tire Sky Wheel Land vehicle

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congratulations on your new bike, you're going to love it - and thanks for the great pics! I'm a former Hyper 796 owner, had one for a few years and absolutely loved it, (please see gratuitous picture attached!), although in the end I found it a bit one dimensional especially after I had bought another old 900SS. I've added 3,000 miles since I got my Sport Pro last September and it just gets better, I love the Ohlins and traction control, really confidence inspiring, goes and handles just as well if not better than the 796, and you can also laze around on it if the mood takes you. :) You've got to love the old air/oil cooled 2 valve Ducatis!
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations on your new bike, you're going to love it - and thanks for the great pics! I'm a former Hyper 796 owner, had one for a few years and absolutely loved it, (please see gratuitous picture attached!), although in the end I found it a bit one dimensional especially after I had bought another old 900SS. I've added 3,000 miles since I got my Sport Pro last September and it just gets better, I love the Ohlins and traction control, really confidence inspiring, goes and handles just as well if not better than the 796, and you can also laze around on it if the mood takes you. :) You've got to love the old air/oil cooled 2 valve Ducatis! View attachment 49190
Hi and thanks for your post. Agree with everything you say and yes I think the Scrambler does seem to handle better than the 796 too. Just the rattle I am getting at 2000 rpm area which is a bit annoying but other than that loving the bike and have done 350 miles in the first week. Will let you know how I get on. Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts