Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My most recent upgrade but…
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Termignoni race exhaust installed but the upmap key does not work. I dont know what to do since my ducati dealer wont do it for me (Cali) They also said now the engine will run leaner and hotter. I need help!

· Registered
1,335 Posts
My most recent upgrade but… View attachment 50057
Termignoni race exhaust installed but the upmap key does not work. I dont know what to do since my ducati dealer wont do it for me (Cali) They also said now the engine will run leaner and hotter. I need help!
Sounds very weird the dealership not up-mapping it for you! Here in Sydney, it's all part of the purchase price and I'm not sure anywhere outside the dealerships can perform what's required?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They will get a hefty fine because CA has stupid laws when it comes to exhaust. Termi exhaust is not even half as loud as the Harley’s here with straight pipes. I literally have to go to the next state where it is legal and see if they can do it.

· Registered
1,335 Posts
They will get a hefty fine because CA has stupid laws when it comes to exhaust. Termi exhaust is not even half as loud as the Harley’s here with straight pipes. I literally have to go to the next state where it is legal and see if they can do it.
Which begs the question why they even sell and fit them. What a world eh? Good luck with sorting it out. I'm not a mechanic, and I'm sure more will pop along soon with superior knowledge, but I don't think you'll be damaging the bike, it just won't run quite as well without the up-map. Long-term I'm guessing the Up-Map would be desirable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts