Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow scramblerers!

Long-time reader of this forum, where I found much useful information. Never really joined the discussion, so I thought it's time to change that and chip in with my bit. Thanks for letting me join!

My ducati scrambler journey started 2 years ago, when I became proud owner of the Icon 800 model. Tuned it up slightly and then genuinely enjoyed it. A year later, 1100 model with 4000km on the clock came up for sale at my local Ducati dealer, and since I'm fairly tall (187cm), I thought the bigger bike would be a better fit. So I traded the 800 in and jumped on the 800's bigger brother. I liked the new bike, but it never "blew me away" like the 800 did. Perhaps I was just expecting too big a jump in performance and overall feel. So I decided to tune it up both appearance-wise and performance-wise. But when I did the math, I realized it would be less costly (and quicker) to get the new 1100 Sport Pro model, which was really close the "dream bike" I set my mission on. So I put the 1100 up for sale again, and purchased a 2021 Sport Pro 1100 model. And that's it in a nutshell, I am a proud owner of 1100 Sport Pro since. I love the bike, and I had a great summer and autumn riding the heck out of it! After a few mods I carried out throughout 2021, I can genuinely say the bike is almost on par with my vision of what it should look like. Couple of mods left to be still done, but I'm almost there :) As much as I love the current 1100 Sport Pro bike, it's fair to say that I still think very fondly of the original 800 beast - it was so easy and fun to ride. If I were smaller and lighter, I'd choose the 800 bike over 1100 model any day.

Thanks if you read all the way down here, enjoy your beautiful Ducs, and stay safe on the roads! Looking forward to chatting here!

Here's a couple of pictures and list of all the mods I did to it so far:

Ducati rear alloy fender (i have the front alloy one as well, but prefer the look of the original black one in the front)
Ilmberger Carbon rear mudguard/hugger
Ducati small indicators
Cnc racing cluth and break fluid reservoir covers
Evotech engine guard
Cnc racing radiator guard
Ducati Wire-spoked wheels
Termignoni full exhaust system (silencers, exhaust, air-box, remap)
Ducati front light wire mesh guard

Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Wheel Vehicle

Fuel tank Wheel Tire Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Wheel Vehicle
Photograph White Light Automotive tire Automotive design
Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting
Fuel tank Wheel Tire Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Photograph White Light Automotive tire Automotive design

Registered
Great looking bike!
I also came from an 800 but was also a little bit to big for this orherwise fantastic bike.
The 1100 is a better bike though on most parts but the funfactor of the 800 is unmatched. I feel if the 1100 had the same throttle response of the early 800 midels all would be perfect as I find the active setting still to tame.
Still no regrets and the 1100 is by far the best and most versatile bike I ever owned for real world use. Also looks very nice 馃槈
Congrats on your new bike hope you will enjoy it in health .

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Skippy,

I couldn麓t agree more on the 800 - it really did have special aura around it, and riding it was just pure joy. Mind you, the 1100 really fits us both better size-wise. I also had my doubts about the 1100麓s performance + throttle response, but the racing exhaust system + remap improved the bike massively. I really do feel that I have got my dream bike currently and I love it.

Yes, the rear hugger is from Ilmberger - not cheap, but really well done and looking great on the bike I think.

All we need now is the spring to arrive, don麓t we? :cool:

Registered
Hi Skippy,

I couldn麓t agree more on the 800 - it really did have special aura around it, and riding it was just pure joy. Mind you, the 1100 really fits us both better size-wise. I also had my doubts about the 1100麓s performance + throttle response, but the racing exhaust system + remap improved the bike massively. I really do feel that I have got my dream bike currently and I love it.

Yes, the rear hugger is from Ilmberger - not cheap, but really well done and looking great on the bike I think.

All we need now is the spring to arrive, don麓t we? :cool:
Yeah I would have loved to fit the racing system, I also had the Termignoni set up on my 800 and it was awesome.
But nowadays the laws in Europe makes ir to much of a hassle so I opted for the Akrapovic end cans and removed the db killers. Sounds amazing and when I go to Germany I fit the db killers back in and everything is EU aproved.

Also can't wait for the spring to arive and head out into the mountains.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I would have loved to fit the racing system, I also had the Termignoni set up on my 800 and it was awesome.
But nowadays the laws in Europe makes ir to much of a hassle so I opted for the Akrapovic end cans and removed the db killers. Sounds amazing and when I go to Germany I fit the db killers back in and everything is EU aproved.

Also can't wait for the spring to arive and head out into the mountains.
Yep, I think that was a good move you made with the Akrapovic end cans. I had followed the whole "db killers removal" story here on the forum. It was quite a thread to read :)

Fingers crossed the winter leaves us soon.

Best wishes! Hans

Registered
It is a great bike. Congratulations. I am one of the few people who never took to the 800. I can understand the appeal though. For the type of riding I do, the 1100 is a much better bike.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is a great bike. Congratulations. I am one of the few people who never took to the 800. I can understand the appeal though. For the type of riding I do, the 1100 is a much better bike.
Hi and thanks a lot! Both bikes have their perks. It's just like you say - all depends on type of riding one does, and body proportions I guess (y)

Registered
2018 Ducati scrambler 1100 sport
Hi fellow scramblerers!

Long-time reader of this forum, where I found much useful information. Never really joined the discussion, so I thought it's time to change that and chip in with my bit. Thanks for letting me join!

My ducati scrambler journey started 2 years ago, when I became proud owner of the Icon 800 model. Tuned it up slightly and then genuinely enjoyed it. A year later, 1100 model with 4000km on the clock came up for sale at my local Ducati dealer, and since I'm fairly tall (187cm), I thought the bigger bike would be a better fit. So I traded the 800 in and jumped on the 800's bigger brother. I liked the new bike, but it never "blew me away" like the 800 did. Perhaps I was just expecting too big a jump in performance and overall feel. So I decided to tune it up both appearance-wise and performance-wise. But when I did the math, I realized it would be less costly (and quicker) to get the new 1100 Sport Pro model, which was really close the "dream bike" I set my mission on. So I put the 1100 up for sale again, and purchased a 2021 Sport Pro 1100 model. And that's it in a nutshell, I am a proud owner of 1100 Sport Pro since. I love the bike, and I had a great summer and autumn riding the heck out of it! After a few mods I carried out throughout 2021, I can genuinely say the bike is almost on par with my vision of what it should look like. Couple of mods left to be still done, but I'm almost there :) As much as I love the current 1100 Sport Pro bike, it's fair to say that I still think very fondly of the original 800 beast - it was so easy and fun to ride. If I were smaller and lighter, I'd choose the 800 bike over 1100 model any day.

Thanks if you read all the way down here, enjoy your beautiful Ducs, and stay safe on the roads! Looking forward to chatting here!

Ducati rear alloy fender (i have the front alloy one as well, but prefer the look of the original black one in the front)
Ducati small indicators
Evotech engine guard

View attachment 48490

View attachment 48499 View attachment 48492 View attachment 48490 View attachment 48491 View attachment 48492 View attachment 48494 View attachment 48497 View attachment 48496 View attachment 48495 View attachment 48498 View attachment 48499
View attachment 48494
View attachment 48496
View attachment 48498
View attachment 48495
View attachment 48497
View attachment 48492
View attachment 48491
Hello,

Just read your entire post; saw the nice pics as well,,,,,,,I had an 800 icon, and like u, just traded it in for an 1100; but a 2018 Ducati Scrambler 1100 Sport; plan some mods; a dart windscreen; a 2" Rox H-B riser, improved hand grips; bought it from a dealer friend of mine; currently in winter storage, i start riding season here april 1st; hoping I like my new machine,,,,,,

WILD ONE 1

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello,

Just read your entire post; saw the nice pics as well,,,,,,,I had an 800 icon, and like u, just traded it in for an 1100; but a 2018 Ducati Scrambler 1100 Sport; plan some mods; a dart windscreen; a 2" Rox H-B riser, improved hand grips; bought it from a dealer friend of mine; currently in winter storage, i start riding season here april 1st; hoping I like my new machine,,,,,,

WILD ONE 1
Hello mate, congrats on the 1100 beast! I hope you麓ll enjoy it as much as I do! Looking forward to seeing pics of your mods. By the way, why did you decide to trade the 800 in and go for the 1100? Is the size of it a better fit for you as well?

Hans

Registered
Hello mate, congrats on the 1100 beast! I hope you麓ll enjoy it as much as I do! Looking forward to seeing pics of your mods. By the way, why did you decide to trade the 800 in and go for the 1100? Is the size of it a better fit for you as well?

Hans
Hey, back at ya mate,,,,,traded my 800 icon in for the 1100 sport cause on two things;
-The good youtube video reviews
-Cause i wanted a bigger, more torque version of my old 800 scrambler. Regarding mods, in addition to what already mentioned in my last post, want to call competition werks to ask if they have any slip ons to fit my upswept rear dual exhausts,,,,,,,I love a deep throaty toned ducati mod exhaust,,,,,,,in my opinion, two bros makes a good one but only for the 800; then vance & hines gives the sound i like; not sure if they make slip ons to fit an 1100 either; contacted two bros in australia and got no reply on my 1100 inquiry,,,,,,,,,oh well,,,,,,,

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey, back at ya mate,,,,,traded my 800 icon in for the 1100 sport cause on two things;
-The good youtube video reviews
-Cause i wanted a bigger, more torque version of my old 800 scrambler. Regarding mods, in addition to what already mentioned in my last post, want to call competition werks to ask if they have any slip ons to fit my upswept rear dual exhausts,,,,,,,I love a deep throaty toned ducati mod exhaust,,,,,,,in my opinion, two bros makes a good one but only for the 800; then vance & hines gives the sound i like; not sure if they make slip ons to fit an 1100 either; contacted two bros in australia and got no reply on my 1100 inquiry,,,,,,,,,oh well,,,,,,,
Nice one! I麓m sure you麓ll crack the exhaust situation. To be honest, I never heard of Two Bros before. Just checked their web and it does look like fine craftsmanship! Keep it up, still plenty of time until April 1st (y)

Registered
Hi fellow scramblerers!

Ducati small indicators
Evotech engine guard

View attachment 48490

View attachment 48499 View attachment 48492 View attachment 48490 View attachment 48491 View attachment 48492 View attachment 48494 View attachment 48497 View attachment 48496 View attachment 48495 View attachment 48498 View attachment 48499
View attachment 48494
View attachment 48496
View attachment 48498
View attachment 48495
View attachment 48497
View attachment 48492
View attachment 48491
Beautiful bike! Where did you buy the wheels from and how much?

Registered
Hi ya,

the wheels can be purchased from any Ducati dealer. They are also supplied as standard with the 1100 classic models, just like WILD ONE 1 says (y)
Hi ya,

the wheels can be purchased from any Ducati dealer. They are also supplied as standard with the 1100 classic models, just like WILD ONE 1 says (y)
Hey hans, pleased to meet ya,,,,,,,as u might know from my posts, recently purchased my '18 1100 sport used in dec. '21, and only test rode it 5 minutes at dealer as is been winter here; our ride season starts april 1st; was wondering, which of the '3 ride modes' do u find most pleasing? Right now mine is in 'journey' mode,,,,,,,,,I have studied the owner's manual but still wondering; strictly an urban around town driver,,,,,,,,,,

Wild One 1

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts