Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hey hans, pleased to meet ya,,,,,,,as u might know from my posts, recently purchased my '18 1100 sport used in dec. '21, and only test rode it 5 minutes at dealer as is been winter here; our ride season starts april 1st; was wondering, which of the '3 ride modes' do u find most pleasing? Right now mine is in 'journey' mode,,,,,,,,,I have studied the owner's manual but still wondering; strictly an urban around town driver,,,,,,,,,,

Wild One 1
Hello mate,

right back at ya!

Congrats on your bike purchase, I am sure you can´t wait for the season to start! It´s the same for us here in Europe, still too cold. Next week is supposed to get warmer, so I am hoping to put some miles on my beast!

To be honest, I could barely tell the difference between the 3x riding modes when I bought the bike. They all felt very very similar and I had to really pay attention to feel any difference. I recently tested BMW R18, and flicking through the 3x riding modes on that bike, I could feel there was a huge difference in how the bike behaved, which I found really cool. So I am a bit disappointed that the Scrambler´s riding modes are all pretty same. So just to be on a safe side, I used the bike on the "city" setting riding mode for the first 700 miles break-in period, and after that I have been stuck on the "active" mode.

Bear in mind that you can adjust each of the riding modes in the bike´s menu. If I remember correctly, you can adjust DTC and engine power for each of the modes separately. I played with it a bit, but again, couldn´t really tell any difference :)

Hans

·
Registered
2018 Ducati scrambler 1100 sport
43 Posts
Hello mate,

right back at ya!

Congrats on your bike purchase, I am sure you can´t wait for the season to start! It´s the same for us here in Europe, still too cold. Next week is supposed to get warmer, so I am hoping to put some miles on my beast!

To be honest, I could barely tell the difference between the 3x riding modes when I bought the bike. They all felt very very similar and I had to really pay attention to feel any difference. I recently tested BMW R18, and flicking through the 3x riding modes on that bike, I could feel there was a huge difference in how the bike behaved, which I found really cool. So I am a bit disappointed that the Scrambler´s riding modes are all pretty same. So just to be on a safe side, I used the bike on the "city" setting riding mode for the first 700 miles break-in period, and after that I have been stuck on the "active" mode.

Bear in mind that you can adjust each of the riding modes in the bike´s menu. If I remember correctly, you can adjust DTC and engine power for each of the modes separately. I played with it a bit, but again, couldn´t really tell any difference :)

Hans
hey mate, thanks for your kind feedback,,,,,,have fun w your 1100,,,,,,,,(y)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hey guys!

Add me to the list

Traded my 2015 icon 800cc to the newest 1100 sport pro.

Love how smooth the new bike is compared the the older 800

From old

View attachment 48984

To new
Everything stock still, but definitely looking for small changes similar to Hans'

View attachment 48985
Hello mate, and congrats on your new bike! I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine. I love riding the bike more and more, every time I hop on it!!! Enjoy and ride safely!!!

Hans

21 - 25 of 25 Posts