Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just purchased a 2016 Sixty2 upgrading from a little 2000 era carb thumper, and I'm looking forward to adding a few customisations to get it where I want it visually and audibly.

On the subject of the latter,how easy is it to change the muffler to a slip on? Will I have to take it to a dealer to get done as it would need the ECU flashing or does that depend on the muffler?

Any and all advice will be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I hated the stock muffler look and sound.
Got a Leo Vance LV10 slip on. Very quick and easy to change with simple tools.
I did not MAP the ECU.
Looks and sounds great. Just loud enough.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hated the stock muffler look and sound.
Got a Leo Vance LV10 slip on. Very quick and easy to change with simple tools.
I did not MAP the ECU.
Looks and sounds great. Just loud enough.
So it's just the end section/silencer box part that comes off? Changed the slip-on on my old bike, so if it's as simple as that then great!

By the way, is there a reason you didn't map the ecu?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I believe every Ducati Scrambler would benefit from a mapping for better performance even without any changes to the bike. The ECU appears to come set-up to meet emissions/pollution control.
So mapping improve things for sure. I just don’t see it necessary for my own use, or for a simple change as a slip on exhaust.
Since I have installed the LV10 I have not seen any difference (positive or negative) to the bike’s performance other than a better sound and much better looks.

Good luck! Tell us how it went !

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! I'm based in Japan so it's actually hard to find all the options available overseas as some places won't ship here, but I'll let you know how I get on. One last question though please, how do you get around the two-pipes-into-one aspect? The video above is for the 800 model which I think has a single pipe by the time it reaches the slip on portion. Do you have to buy a Sixty2 specific exhaust? I was look at New Rage Cycles Retro Slip-on Exhaust but it seems like it only fits the 800cc and up models and wouldn't work with the Sixty2. Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes you would need to make sure you buy an exhaust slip on specifically for the sixty2. Mine is the 800. You may have to do more research on what fits and what does not.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The following company makes on for your sixty2. I did speak with them and they will deliver to Japan.

hope it works out!
Thanks! That looks and sounds good but the comments on the youtube video say that it needs an ecu map otherwise you'llb damage your bike, and I'm not sure how possible that is in Japan. I'm assuming it'd need a dealer?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes i would agree you should consult with a dealer to get some reliable info.
If it is just for looks, maybe you can paint the exhaust black for now.
But since you want a different sound, there will be lots of steps involved.
I took a chance in not mapping after installing my LV10, but the bike runs great!
I might regret it.....or not.
Good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts