Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just put a deposit on a Classic. So whilst I am awaiting delivery I am after accessories.
Basically what have you got?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Best investment I made was some r&g front and rear bobbins along with some bar end sliders. Came in real useful when I either forgot to put the kickstand down or didn’t put it down correctly. Gravity is a bugger as the bike doesn’t stand upright on its own.

Got away with a bent gear shifter and a minor chip on the bottom of the engine casing where the shifter made contact. Without them would have had a lot more damage. Highly recommend purchases.

Also added some evotech adjustable levers which are really good along with the radiator and rectifier guards. Soon to add the evotech frame sliders.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Depends on what kind of riding you'll be doing. I'd say ride it for a little while, and you'll soon find out what you need. I'm at the point where I'm looking into switching out the handlebars. I'm not a huge guy, and they seem too wide for me. The angle of my wrists is not comfortable for long rides. Also, the stock seat could be a little more plush for my liking, so i'll look into adding a gel pad. A lot of people I know start modding their bikes as soon as they get it. Without ever finding out what works and what doesn't for them. I like to wait a little bit, ride as much as I possible can, and then get the mods I need. YMMV.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already know I want a screen, levers and some small carrying capacity for my spare gloves and sandwiches etc. I have many biking years behind me and I have decided on the scrambler because it’s lower and lighter, but just need to personalise it now.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Dart Flt Screen works well to reduce the wind resistance. Very pleased I bought one. Very pleased with the DM Telai rear cargo rack as it serves very well for carrying a pack large enough for 2 rain suits and that my wife doesn't run out of room for her stuff too (she is rather good at keeping requirements to a minimum though. Changed out the seat for a Mustang brand seat - much more comfortable as the stock Icon seat was slightly better than 3/4" plywood. Put a set of Multi-Strada foot pegs on the front - a bit taller than stock but much more comfortable with the rubber inserts. Added a couple helmet locks to the handle bars - very handy to have. Added the gear indicator which is a convenience more than a necessity. I also went up one tooth on the counter sprocket to drop the revs down on the highway. I found the stock gearing a tad too low for my tastes. I agree that you should ride the bike a bit first before doing things like counter sprockets and the like so you know what the bike is like before you start altering those type of things. Enjoy the bike. It is a hoot to ride though.

·
Registered
292 Posts
some small carrying capacity for my spare gloves and sandwiches etc.
It's tough to beat the Kriega US-series of tailbags for stuff like that. A US-10 or US-20 would fit the bill perfectly for what you want, and they strap on to the passenger seat using the frame rails / hand grips just perfectly. I use a US-30 when I commute and it's actually a little *too* big most of the time. If I didn't have a huge l laptop I would be quite happy with a 20.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts