Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the forum for a while, I finally bought a new (to me) 2019 1100 Sport, and I am very excited.

However, I had a few questions I thought I would ask this terrific community.

1. Has anyone figured out an easy solution for the cable going over the display? When I asked a dealer they said they leave that much room in that cable due to suspension travel. This rationale didn’t make sense to me, so I figured I would ask and confirm.

2. I have been following the exhaust forums, and was curious if there was final consensus on whether removing the Cat actually did end up remove heat from the engine/exhaust to any material degree.

3. For those of you who have only a right side exhaust (like on the 2021 models), have you found a left handed bracket and pannier that doesn’t stick out so far? All the mounting brackets I see “plan” for the underseat exhaust on the left side, so the left bracket/pannier bulges out far on the left side, when a bulge is not required (because there is no left exhaust).

4. Did anyone install a rear brake “flasher” so when you hit the rear brake the brake light flashes a few times (making yourself more visible)? I remember seeing versions of this which were plug-n-play for other bikes, but I wasn’t sure for the 1100.

5. Are people generally happy with amount/quality of light the headlight the headlight gives out? If not, has anyone replaced the bulb?

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide to these questions!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Be careful.
Ducati’s use a CANbus system plugging things like a brake flasher in that may not designed to work with a CANbus will cause problems.
I have had them on previous bikes and was never rear ended while I had one fitted but that was about 6 years use. I’ve been riding nearly 50 years so 44 years without a brake flasher and have never been rear ended without one either so you work out the benefits. I don’t think there areany except in the minds of the rider or manufacturer.
You could use the space inside a left side pannier frame to mount a tool box.

·
Registered
789 Posts
After reading the forum for a while, I finally bought a new (to me) 2019 1100 Sport, and I am very excited.

However, I had a few questions I thought I would ask this terrific community.

1. Has anyone figured out an easy solution for the cable going over the display? When I asked a dealer they said they leave that much room in that cable due to suspension travel. This rationale didn’t make sense to me, so I figured I would ask and confirm.

2. I have been following the exhaust forums, and was curious if there was final consensus on whether removing the Cat actually did end up remove heat from the engine/exhaust to any material degree.

3. For those of you who have only a right side exhaust (like on the 2021 models), have you found a left handed bracket and pannier that doesn’t stick out so far? All the mounting brackets I see “plan” for the underseat exhaust on the left side, so the left bracket/pannier bulges out far on the left side, when a bulge is not required (because there is no left exhaust).

4. Did anyone install a rear brake “flasher” so when you hit the rear brake the brake light flashes a few times (making yourself more visible)? I remember seeing versions of this which were plug-n-play for other bikes, but I wasn’t sure for the 1100.

5. Are people generally happy with amount/quality of light the headlight the headlight gives out? If not, has anyone replaced the bulb?

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide to these questions!
Thr brake line is just a styling excersise and it can defenitely be routed in a different way. The new Sport pro doesn't have the loop. I like it though and am surprised how many people are going crazy over it in comment sections underneath YouTube reviews as it is so easy to change.

The cat elimination will reduce heat with a free flowing end can.

There is no rack for the one sided exhaust system that sits flush on the left side. It could be custom made though with some welding I guess but I would make sure to still connect the rack with the footrest as well. Using the extra space in the rack for something else might be a eassier way to doing things.

Congrats on your new bike! Enjoy it as much as you can!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[mention]K1W1 [/mention] - thank you for your reply.

Very helpful, I will have to investigate potential installation with CANBUS, and what the implications are. I am glad I asked. At least mentally, I think there is a benefit, and if there is no harm to the bike, there is no loss in installing I guess.

Good idea with the toolbox as well, but I do prefer some symmetry on the bike, so will have to see if they develop something specific for the 2021 Pro models with the RH exhaust.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thr brake line is just a styling excersise and it can defenitely be routed in a different way. The new Sport pro doesn't have the loop. I like it though and am surprised how many people are going crazy over it in comment sections underneath YouTube reviews as it is so easy to change.

The cat elimination will reduce heat with a free flowing end can.

There is no rack for the one sided exhaust system that sits flush on the left side. It could be custom made though with some welding I guess but I would make sure to still connect the rack with the footrest as well. Using the extra space in the rack for something else might be a eassier way to doing things.

Congrats on your new bike! Enjoy it as much as you can!
Thank you for your response Skippy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
As already stated the PROs don‘t have the bow for the brake line. Maybe you can get this as a spare part and ask your workshop to replace it 1 by 1

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As already stated the PROs don‘t have the bow for the brake line. Maybe you can get this as a spare part and ask your workshop to replace it 1 by 1
Thank you lighting, I will ask around further. The brake line is a minor thing, and probably more of a fascinating curiosity at this point, than an annoyance.

Funny, when I saw the Pro on the Ducati website it still had the line going over the gauges, the picture of you pannier is the first picture i saw where that was not the case.

Also, do you have a pic of your bike from the back with the pannier?

·
Registered
789 Posts
I have mounted this carrier together with a Legend Gear bag. Could be even a little bit closer to the bike, but i assume they left some space for passengers to grab the grasp under the seat. View attachment 46361
Wow, that's cool. First time I see it and your link shows the product but says it's not ready available over here. I have the older Scrambler and use the same bags and I love them. Still want to buy the bigger bag for the right as I now use the smaller version wich I had to use on my 800 because the exhaust was to high.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What capacity is the bag? It looks good.
There are two versions of this pannier available. Mine is the smaller one for all the necessities of a day ride. I think it is approx. 9 liters.
Have a look here: Legend-Gear by SW-Motech Germany the webpage is half German half English. There you can find the full line, which I like much as the style fits perfectly to the Scramblers.
Have the small magnetic tank bag as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you lighting, I will ask around further. The brake line is a minor thing, and probably more of a fascinating curiosity at this point, than an annoyance.

Funny, when I saw the Pro on the Ducati website it still had the line going over the gauges, the picture of you pannier is the first picture i saw where that was not the case.

Also, do you have a pic of your bike from the back with the pannier?
Unfortunately not perfect from the back. Attached the best one I found. The bike is now safely stored for winter break.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lightning,

What is mounted next to your speedo? Navigation unit?
Yes, that’s a Garmin Zumo 350 mounted on a RAM mount system. Maybe not the perfect look but I love this device as it gives me the possibility to preplan my tour at home in front of my computer. Therefore I have to care only little about finding the right way during the ride. Very helpful in remote areas in the Alps region.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, that’s a Garmin Zumo 350 mounted on a RAM mount system. Maybe not the perfect look but I love this device as it gives me the possibility to preplan my tour at home in front of my computer. Therefore I have to care only little about finding the right way during the ride. Very helpful in remote areas in the Alps region.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had a Zumo on a previous bike. Found it good but sadly the bike and nav got nicked. I’ve been pondering getting a new one and came across this, which reviews well and is small and subtle. A decent option for the scrambler I think.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a Zumo on a previous bike. Found it good but sadly the bike and nav got nicked. I’ve been pondering getting a new one and came across this, which reviews well and is small and subtle. A decent option for the scrambler I think.

I‘ve read about the beeline. But in the end the reviews brought me to the decision, that the beeline is not the best nav for multi days tour riding with proper preplanning. I love having the map in front of me e.g. In case you need to find a suitable detour route on short notice. Apart of that I like to see the speed limits in case I overlooked again the traffic signs...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts