Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I recently bought a New Rage Cycles fender eliminator and number plate relocator from a Japanese website (I'm based in Japan) but I've since discovered when trying to fit it that the number plate relocator holes don't match up with a Japanese sized number plate.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue in their country and how did you solve it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Canadian here, same issue. I ended up just drilling into my Ontario plate to line it up with the bracket. Easy peasy. Hopefully you can do the same.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys,

I recently bought a New Rage Cycles fender eliminator and number plate relocator from a Japanese website (I'm based in Japan) but I've since discovered when trying to fit it that the number plate relocator holes don't match up with a Japanese sized number plate.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue in their country and how did you solve it?

Thanks!
YES! It's common. I live in California, small license plates here, but the holes did not match the frame of the bike. So you must use a metal drill to expand the holes on the kit and then bend the plate a bit to fit the bike.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, drill arrived this morning so will put new holes in the number plate as I think this will be the easier option.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oof, now it seems the shop I bought from sent the wrong type of fender eliminator. Does the angle of this look right to you guys? I can't see how it could possible fit to the bike.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It looks like you have it positioned upside down. Might still be the wrong one but I can't tell for sure from that angle. The one for my desert sled looks different. What type of Scrambler do you have?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses so far. I've posted some additional images above to show the problem. The indicator section seems to connect ok but the number plate holder doesn't run flush to the bike. There's a 1 inch gap between the bike and the lower connection holes, as shown in the third photo. Am I being a dumbass and doing something wrong or do you think I've been sent the wrong part? It was also delivered in a cardboard envelope so I suppose there's a possibility it got a bit squashed in shipping and so is the wrong shape. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm currently number plateless so can't ride! Thanks all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ignore all the above! Issue solved! It just took a bit of welly to get the number plate bracket flush to the bike. Thanks again for all the responses, much appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts