1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ducati Scrambler 800 Classic
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I'm Paul, 45 from Sheffield, UK.

I passed my MOD 1 on Monday and popped into SMC in Sheffield on Tuesday for a quick look around.

I didn't plan on buying anything but I spotted this 2018 Scrambler 800 Classic and fell in love with it. So, as of today, it's mine.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

It's one previous owner and has about £2,500 of options fitted.

I'm not a huge fan of the long rear mudguard so I've ordered the parts to convert it to the shorter version with the number plate mounted around the rear wheel like on the Icon etc.

I've also ordered some crash protection, seems like a good idea given I've only been riding for around 6 full days.

I have my MOD 2 on the 10th of May so all being well, I'll be enjoying it very soon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, I passed my MOD 2 with only one minor, which was a silly snatch of the front brake as I left the test centre.

Picked up the bike today and, even though I have only ridden it a few miles it's absolutely fantastic. Super comfortable to ride and the torque is delicious. The bike feels really light and nimble with plenty of power.

I'm going to take it for a proper squirt tomorrow as it was tipping down today and will see how I get on...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've only had it for a few days and didn't get a chance to go out this weekend due to family though I was able to have a quick ride out to some countryside and explore a little on Thursday and Friday after fitting a bit of crash protection.

It was a little chilly so I popped the heated grips on, something I never thought I'd ever want but they're really nice.

I'm really happy with the bike, it rides very well, has plenty of power for what I need, it's really comfortable and I absolutely love the way it looks.

Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Those heated grips are awesome, aren't they! I live in Sydney now (used to be based in the Ribble Valley, UK) – never thought I'd need them here but boy do I appreciate them in the few weeks of winter we have. Nice looking bike, but then I guess we would say that here!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They’re the genuine Ducati option. Love them, press the starter button as you ride along to change to Off > Low > Medium > High settings.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, all this stuff was on the bike as I got it. I believe they were all factory/dealer fitted but as it’s a 2018 machine, who knows. It’s like brand new though to be honest, it’s been very well looked after.

The exhaust is awesome, sounds massive. I have a “DB Killer” for it which I think comes with it as standard but I leave it out as I love the noise this thing makes.

I’ve made some changes to the bike, see my other threads, to get it exactly to where I want it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts