Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a new Ducati Scrambler model coming for the 2019 model year. That is what we know. We know that this new model will debut on September 10th, ahead of the INTERMOT show in Germany. What that model will be, however, well…that is what is up for debate.

Our colleagues over at the UK’s Superbike Magazine, they think that a new Ducati Scrambler 800 model is in the works. Meanwhile, our sources have tipped us that a Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled 1100 is on the way. Both ideas make sense, though for different reasons.

Ducati Teases That A New Scrambler Is on the Way

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
No Scrambler 1100 Desert Sled please. That would make me seriously rethink my FTR1200....

(no it won’t, bring it on Ducati!!)

·
Registered
981 Posts
Euro 5 is coming and it would not surprise me to see all the existing 803cc Scramblers disappear from the range in the next 1-2 years. Ducati won't be able to continue selling the air cooled engines for much longer so a logical thing to do would be to start with a new high end 800 Scrambler based on the Monster 821 engine and then over one or two model cycles filter it down through the range.
Apart from anything else they have to give people who have 2 or 3 year old bikes and who don't want an 1100 something to upgrade to. Nobody is going to upgrade to a bike that is exactly the same as the one they have except for the colour and a couple of shiny bits.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Will there be a 1100 Cafe Racer?

I want to buy one of the 2017/18 Cafe Racers for the looks alone but knowing there may be a 1100 version I’d wait for that!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts