Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first ducati!!!! I’ve been saving up for a while to buy this thing with cash. It’s a 2016 scrambler icon with 1300 miles on it, lit with after market paneling, pegs, exhaust system (a beautiful throaty growl) and a host of others. First owner went all out and then sold it to buy a Harley. His loss!!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good find, I expect you got a good deal on it.

Is it helmet weather in Pahoenicks right now?

Reactions: sleepyrasrn

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I think I got a good deal. Paid $5K. listed for $6900. motivated seller. Phoenix is a beast to drive in right now so I take it out in the early morning hours to beat the heat. Will prolly start commuting with it once it cools down some

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yeah, you got a great deal. Enjoy the morning rides. I don't envy you in the heat though.

Reactions: sleepyrasrn

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, you got a great deal. Enjoy the morning rides. I don't envy you in the heat though.
Thanks! yeah the heat is miserable. I actually find that I stay cooler if I’ve got a wet vest underneath full gear. The gear blocks the hot wind and keeps the sun off but I can only be out for about 30 minutes during the day before I have to stop, hydrate, and cool off. But, I don’t have a lot of time to travel out of the valley right now so thats my option. This fall i’m looking forward to some rides up north in the grand canyon and in So Utah. Amazing country and I’ve never seen it from a bike

·
Registered
209 Posts
Strangely I have found my synthetic leather riding jacket to be cooler than my Ducati mesh jacket, would have thought it the other way around. Seems you have the right gear for the job though. Ride safe, watch for late red light crossers

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome!! :) What exhaust is on the bike?

Can’t imagine riding an air cooled bike in AZ. I don’t even ride it much here near the Canadian border when it’s really hot, I take out my liquid cooled sport bike. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah I think I got a good deal. Paid $5K. listed for $6900. motivated seller. Phoenix is a beast to drive in right now so I take it out in the early morning hours to beat the heat. Will prolly start commuting with it once it cools down some
Congrats on the bike.

Got a picture of it? I have been watching CL for quite some time from Tucson. There have been a couple that looked like good deals up your way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts