Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks like it is going to be off road focused. Maybe the Desert X show bike has become a production vehicle.
I love the Desert X concept but it would be a hard sell against the T7 Tenere. A Desert Sled is already 2k more than the T7 and the Desert X would probably have an msrp around 14k.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love the Desert X concept but it would be a hard sell against the T7 Tenere. A Desert Sled is already 2k more than the T7 and the Desert X would probably have an msrp around 14k.
Different buyers.
The Scrambler has never really been value for money compared to many other similar bikes. I can't see anybody who was seriously looking at a T7 being very interested in a Scrambler. If I was wanted a full on off road ADV bike I wouldn't be that's for sure. I'd be comparing the T7 with a KTM 890 for example.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I understood they’ve improved the suspensions too... or not?
From the regular Scrambler to the Desert Sled, yes, also reinforced the frame as they said. But that was in 2017 when they introduced the DS.

This is (as nice as it is), a different paint job only. Most likely soon to be known as the Jordan Graham Special. :D

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is getting very boring with this continual update by paint code attitude from Ducati. What actual reason is there for anybody who owns a Scrambler that is two, three or four years old to buy a new one? The reality is that people change their motorcycles reasonably regularly and there is no incentive for anybody to upgrade an older Scrambler to a new one so I assume people drift off to other models. I doubt that owning a Scrambler is a gateway to people buying other Ducati’s.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also was hoping it to be the release of the DesertX, but just a new color is very disapointing..... I can understand the "internal issues" of selling a model that could potentially hurt the sales of the "entry Multistrada", but Im sure it would be a hit if the price is right, giving also a different "flavor" .... even if they price it a little over the DS ( for example : entry multi 17K - DesertX 14k - DesertSled 12K)

·
Registered
42 Posts
It is getting very boring with this continual update by paint code attitude from Ducati.
I may be wrong but this is something that could probably be said from any motorcycle company. Considering that Ducati updated their scramblers in 2019 (hydraulic clutch, cornering abs, more info on the display, and little more..), how much has the BMW GS changed in the past 4 years? or the Africa Twin? I think companies make a significant change every now and then in one of their models but the rest remain unchanged for a while. They keep up with environmental and safety laws and little else...

Ducati made a massive update on the Multistrada this year and released the new Streetfighter last year. They are also working on a brand new Monster.

What actual reason is there for anybody who owns a Scrambler that is two, three or four years old to buy a new one? The reality is that people change their motorcycles reasonably regularly and there is no incentive for anybody to upgrade an older Scrambler to a new one so I assume people drift off to other models. I doubt that owning a Scrambler is a gateway to people buying other Ducati’s.
I agree that there is little reason! If you own a pre-2019 model it would make some sense to buy a post-2019 model to benefit from the updates mentioned, but it would take a lot of love for the scrambler models not to chose another motorbike from another company. But I guess Ducati trusts in itself, its bikes and the premium name to keep people hooked to the brand. I'm not saying this is good but it has worked for them so far.

I recently sold my 2019 Icon to my Ducati Dealer and bought myself a 2021 Desert Sled (white/blue) so I guess I am one of those people. Considering the different ergonomics of each model (café racer, desert sled, icon, nightshift, 1100...), and supposing that you are convinced that there isn't a "subjectively" better scrambler bike sold by other brands, we could argue that there is some sense in what their are doing with their scrambler line.

Also, for everyone who was disappointed, here is a thought that may cheer you up! We always talk about how things nowadays go outdated in less than two years (technology, vehicles, clothes, etc...). Well... your 2015 Scrambler is almost as awesome as the 2021 model :LOL:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts