Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

New Scrambler on the way? So it seems...

18K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Topcattcracing 
#1 ·
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/ducati-scrambler-1100-enduro-spy-photo/

The Scrambler Ducati models started out as a bid to capture the budding crop of millennial riders, who eschew from the current crop of values and segments that prop-up the motorcycle industry.

The Scrambler has become more for Ducati though, as it has given the Italian brand two things: 1) a pathway to sell more classic and affordable motorcycles, and 2) a pathway from being a pure on-street brand. This makes the Scrambler line very important to Bologna.

For the past few months now, we have been hearing about the next model(s) to come for the Scrambler Ducati line (you can hear more about it on this episode of the Two Enthusiasts Podcast, by the way), and now we are seeing our first glimpse of those machines.

Recent spy shots have been circling the internet this week, and they give us our best glimpse of what to expect from Ducati at the upcoming motorcycle trade shows.

I’m talking about the “Scrambler 1100 Enduro” – as the press is calling it – which will slot in above the Ducati Scrambler “800” bike, and offer more off-road prowess to the Scrambler name.

From the spy photos, we can see that the new Scrambler model has upside-down forks, which appear to have a longer length of travel than on the other models. The front wire-spoked wheel also looks bigger too – certainly a 19″ hoop, but possibly a 21″ wheel – for true off-roadability (we’re making that a word).

We have had a number of hints from Ducati that the company would use its 1,078cc air-cooled v-twin engine in a model, which would make sense for this higher-spec machine, and help differentiate it from the 803cc models. This would also give a logical progression to the Scrambler Ducati line, in terms of engine displacement.

Judging from the longer suspension, and more robust looking chassis package, we can expect Ducati to position this new model as a more off-road capable model – another point our sources have suggested from Ducati – and help ease Ducati into a lineup that features on-road and dual-sport models.

The Italian brand has made good in-roads to the dual-sport market with its Scrambler line and last year’s debut of the Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro. With the latter commanding a $21,000+ price tag though, a more affordable model is needed for the Italian brand.

As such, the budget-conscious Scrambler line fits the bill quite well, and could continue Ducati’s path of producing affordable, low-tech, and fun motorcycles for the riding masses.

It’s always hard to judge a bike by its spy shots, but the Ducati Scrambler 1100 Enduro will likely be an important model for Ducati. So, it will be interesting to se what the finished machine looks like – we would expect it to debut at INTERMOT or EICMA later this fall.

Source: BikeSocial

See less See more
#3 ·
Would be great to see a more road oriented model, but Ducati may just point to the Hypermotard as the more everyday road-type bike.

Personally, I really like the look of this spy shot! Hoping it comes out looking much less impressive though, since I JUST picked up my Scrambler Classic. :D I don't need bike lust so soon after a purchase... But really, I love my Classic and if it gained a 1100cc big brother in the future I can't see it being a bad thing.

#6 ·
I think that's the oil cooler Joooooooosh. It's got the two stainless braided ports at the bottom and the mounting brackets at bottom and top. Interested to see how this pans out. I almost went the BMW RNineT route but opted for the Classic. This would be tough not to upgrade to after a model year or so.

#9 ·
Scrambler Cafe Racer (what a name BTW :D ) teaser photo, slightly edited by me. Different tires, handlebars and black Termignoni Exhaust is what you can see first.
View attachment 10889
I'm excited about this! I don't recognise that tyre, I'm going to guess Pirelli are doing a new sporty street tyre in the 18" size. What I've been waiting for.
Also, a OEM sporty handlebar. Clip on style but a great balance with comfort. Might help with a bit of wind at high speed. Wait I've been waiting for.

Only disappointment, it looks like the cafe racer is just a styling exercise and base bike is still the same.

#10 ·
Will be good to see this, but I bet it's nothing different to what people are doing to the current models.
More fun to build your own, but then I like to tinker, some don't or can't so I guess there should be a market.
And Joooooooosh, you can get something for your wind problem from the pharmacy....

#16 ·
I was trying to mount mirrors below handlebar and tight in to clamp...shooting for the open space between hip/Waist to armpit
And kept running into steering lock issues and having to look way down to check mirrors. No thanks

I don't filter so bar ends not really an issue for me

#19 ·
I've had bar end mirrors on probably three-quarters of the motorcycles I've owned and ridden daily through traffic for the past forty years. Never had a moment's problem with 'filtering' (lane-splitting as we call it in The Colonies :) ): My knees and elbows are typically as wide or wider than the bars I fit to my bikes, which makes the bar-ends about the same width, never mind any panniers. I have rubbed a pannier or two over the years.

The Cafe Racer is nice. I'd have gone for one of them but the seat and footpads on it cut my legroom down by an inch or so, and I really needed another inch more than the Full Throttle to be comfortable. (The Comfort Seat on the FT gives me that.)

Ducati should offer an option for premium suspension with the Scrambler line: it's the biggest single omission. The frame is good, the swing arm is good, the forks are good, but the valving in the forks and rear suspension unit are mediocre at very best. My bike will get a set of aftermarket cartridges and rear suspension unit soon...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.