Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

New Scrambler owner! looking for luggage other than Urban Enduro

5K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  rogue 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! I'm Rogue…just found your site 20 minutes ago. I'm living in the high desert in Southern California..was on a recent trip to San Francisco Bay area…saw my first Scrambler….never knew they existed…bought a Scrambler Enduro on December 10th. I took it off road today! WOW!…what fun! Anyway, I hit the road a lot, and would rather find some kind of luggage with solid sides, like a Jesse bag, or something I can lock. I'm also interested in a tail rack…anyone know of anyone making anything? I saw a picture of the small bars that bolt onto the grab rail, but can't find info on them. I also saw a picture of some frame that was added to that rail system that held soft luggage…looked as if they locked onto the frame for security...though they did stick out quit a ways. I try to keep everything at my bar end limit or less. I would greatly appreciate any info… I ride all year 'round, in all weather…anyone out this way, let me know and we'll find a trail…
Much Thanks,
rogue

#7 ·
Thanks for the welcome, folks…it's been an interesting couple weeks. I've been looking for info on the forum about bags, rear racks, etc. I found a host of blogs…good stuff. I did find something from Givi that I'm going to fit. I'll be moving my license and turn signals to make them work…will be sure and post pics as I go. I read a blog that said these bikes won't make good adventure bikes, but I think it'll be well suited for my tastes. I'm not really interested in climbing over logs, but I think it will be a fine fire road and single track bike. I'm out in the high desert of So. California, and I've already had it out there…and having a blast with it. I took my GoPro out of my Alfa Romeo and I'm using it on my Scrambler for now. Anybody in the So. Cal area up for a ride, let me know. I'm scheduled for a first service at Ducati Beverly Hills around noon on January 5th…if anyones' going to be around…
One more thing…I wanna start a club in the area. It's called S.outhern C.alifornia R.oad A.nd M.ountain…SCRAM. (copyright 2015) If I can get enough interest, a publication, planned rides, tech tips, mods, etc….you heard it here first...let me know...

#13 ·
Hi Rouge & welcome! I'm definitely interested in your new your club. I'm currently riding a Yamaha Bolt that I've customized for better handling on the canyon roads. My prior bike was a Ducati Hyperstrada and while the Yamaha is better for two-up riding, it's a little boring for riding solo. I have a limited edition Scrambler Italia on order and expect to take delivery in May! Will your new club be listed as a "Meet-up" group?

#14 ·
Rogue here…back with an update, for those who might not have seen my post on the other Scrambler forum./ I found a Givi rack system, part #7407 and Givi panniers, part #trk33. The racks require you to move the turn signals to the stock license plate mount, which I didn't like…so I made my own tail tidy, with mounting tabs which moved my turn signals rearward and inward, clearing the racks. Forgive me, but for a fuller story, please see my post on the Ducati Scrambler forum: My Tail Tidy and Panniers.. There are pics there as well...

#15 ·
Hey ArtsItalia, I'd love to make it a meet-up group…I haven't had much response, I think maybe everyone is waiting for fairer weather…still, I'm out there riding every chance I get. I had to leave the high desert mid week to head to L.A….it was 35*…but warmed up nicely later on...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.