Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am trying figure out what the upgrades are to the Cafe Racer besides the color scheme. Other than the levers and masters, it looks the same?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think color scheme and spoked wheels is the only thing that has changed from what I can tell.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Hydraulic clutch, bluetooth connectivity, fuel level, gear indicator, different headlight.

oh, and cornering ABS

·
Registered
198 Posts
And they added an off road mode that probably disengages ABS only on the rear...I am curious to see the price. if it's not more than 1000euros I think it's worth to get the new one. Unless you could get the new stuff bolted on the old version at the same amount but I doubt that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wonder if they will start discounting the older models?

·
Registered
198 Posts
My latest infos I have collected from US and UK dealers is that the bike will have less than 5% increase on the price...in the UK it is 9750 and it will go more or less 10000. And as most of them told me only the slipper clutch may be compatible with the older model... and I read that it will have Pirelli SCORPION™ RALLY ST Tyres : Front 120/70 R 19 M/C 60V M+S TL and rear 170/60 R 17 M/C 72V M+S TL tyres. Does TL stand for Tubeless?

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
and I read that it will have Pirelli SCORPION™ RALLY ST Tyres : Front 120/70 R 19 M/C 60V M+S TL and rear 170/60 R 17 M/C 72V M+S TL tyres. Does TL stand for Tubeless?
Yes, these tires are tubeless, but the rims are not. Sorry. (unless they upgraded them, which I don't see them doing).

That said, you can seal the rims yourself to make them tubeless, i did that.

·
Registered
198 Posts
You are right, I just checked the new Desert Sled rims and they don't look like the Multi Enduro that is spoke but tubeless. Anyway the new bike has some nice features and the price seems to stay the same. If the hydraulic clutch proves to be reliable then it's for sure a step forward.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hydraulic clutch, bluetooth connectivity, fuel level, gear indicator, different headlight.

oh, and cornering ABS
All of that, but the cornering ABS is pretty huge.

And as most of them told me only the slipper clutch may be compatible with the older model...
We have a slipper clutch now. What have they changed with that other than making it hydraulically controlled rather than cable?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Are all 2017 and 2018 models equipped with slipper clutch? In a demo I watched recently the reviewer said that the new hydraulic clutch does not feel that much lighter in terms of feeling.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Stock clutch on a 2017-2018 is already light to begin with...and yes, these also have some sort of slipper function apparently.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Stock clutch on a 2017-2018 is already light to begin with...and yes, these also have some sort of slipper function apparently.
what was the difference between the pre-2017 scrambler models? i have a 2016 sixty2 and clutch is definitely not 'light' to me. but this is in comparison to my previous japanese bikes (which were also not hydraulic)..

i also didnt realize the 800's have slipper clutches but i believe the 400cc does not.

im also curious if there will be a sixty2 with these 2019 updates as well. insurance is a bitch where i live and im pretty happy with 400cc.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
All Scrambler 800 have a slipper clutch afaik. I don't know about the 400, but I would guess it doesn't need it.

I don't know how heavy the 400 clutch is, but rate the 800 on the light side. I rode a BMW S1000 the other day and its clutch was significantly heavier to operate.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts