Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I’ve been following these threads for a couple of years. I sold one of my Ducati’s a month ago and ordered a new Desert Sled. It’s arrived at the dealership, I be going there in an hour to see it uncrated. Delivery to me mid next week. Looking forward to it.
Cheers
Denny

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies. I should be getting it in a couple of days, but the weather here in Perth is sh**. Storms till next week. Maybe some wet off-road riding. My monster S4RS will not be ridden much for the next couple of months.

·
Registered
159 Posts
weather is a bit ordinary this side of the country as well, although I did see a couple of guys out on the week end. Adventure bikes.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congratulations! Looks like a nice ride. I've had mine since '17 and it still makes me smile every time I twist the grip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,
I’ve been following these threads for a couple of years. I sold one of my Ducati’s a month ago and ordered a new Desert Sled. It’s arrived at the dealership, I be going there in an hour to see it uncrated. Delivery to me mid next week. Looking forward to it.
Cheers
Denny
Congrats. I put a down payment on mine yesterday. Picking it up at the end of the month 🤙🏻 First Ducati .....sooo excited

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I still have my 2006 Monster S4RS. She is the 4th Ducati for me. I started with Ducati’s in December of 1993 with a brand new 1993 M900, in Houston Tx. I took it home Perth Aus in 97 and sold it in 99 when work took me back to Houston. Then I bought from my friend a 916, Ducati number 2. Sold that back to him in 2002 when I moved back to Perth. Bought a 1995 Monster M900, Ducati number 3. Traded that in on May 12 2006 on a new S4RS, Ducati number 4. Bought a Desmosedici in December of 2008, Ducati number 5. Sold it last month and bought Ducati number 6, the Desert Sled... it is so easy to ride. Frasers (one of the dealers here in Oz) has a sale on, ordered the soft panniers with racks, tank bag, led indicators and heated grips. Not sure about the heated grips, on Saturday I installed bark busters and think they will take the cold air off my hands. We’ll see.
I’m hoping I can fit the Hepco and Becker tail rack with the factory pannier racks, does anyone know if this will work?
Cheers to you all,
Denny

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow you’ve owned quite a few of Ducati’s over the years for sure. I’ve listed over Ducati’s for quite some time. Want the 748 or the 916 but could not be happier I waited for the sled. I go Friday to get her and bring her home. I’ll post a pic or two and them will enjoy it..... followed by slowly picking up aftermarket parts too. Bark busters for sure.....most likely white but I saw one with red ones and they looked sharp. Be well and speak soon. 🤙🏻

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I'm on the east coast and an ex-Brit from chilly damp Lancashire. Figured heated grips would be a bit meh, but geeze I love them this side of the country at any rate.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Wow you’ve owned quite a few of Ducati’s over the years for sure. I’ve listed over Ducati’s for quite some time. Want the 748 or the 916 but could not be happier I waited for the sled. I go Friday to get her and bring her home. I’ll post a pic or two and them will enjoy it..... followed by slowly picking up aftermarket parts too. Bark busters for sure.....most likely white but I saw one with red ones and they looked sharp. Be well and speak soon. 🤙🏻
My last Ducati was a 748 and I loved it, though truth be told it scared me a little bit. Where I am now with my riding I'm loving the more upright sitting position of my Icon and the power suits me just fine. I also had a few issues with reliability with the 748 which was often put down to Italian Electronics. I can't say I miss it now I have the Scrambler.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts