Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
How does it actually mount to the bike Tom ? (your pics a little fuzzy)

Looks a nice piece of kit at a very good price

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The silver 'adaptor' plate locates onto the bike in 2 places,
1. A black bung at the bottom of the plate locates into the recess where the swing arm bolt is.
2. You have to remove and refit the engine bolt above the swing arm so that the threaded end of the bolt is toward the stand. A bushing provided screws onto this as a permanent fixture on the bike. A locating pin at the top of the plate then fits (snuggly) into the bushing.

All feels very secure.

I'll take better pics of the stand on and off the bike later today. If you go on the suppliers website there is a video of is being used.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'm hoping they sell the adapter kits separately as I have the same stand which I used on my Diavel that has now gone.Good bit of kit!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Great pictures, thanks. Mine is sat in my garage but I have to wait until xmas as its a present from my wife :grumpy:

How easy was it to remove and replace the engine bolt? did you use loctite when refitting? and how much torque?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm hoping they sell the adapter kits separately as I have the same stand which I used on my Diavel that has now gone.Good bit of kit!
Yes they do, just look up bs-motorparts directly, if they dont show it on the site just send them an Email, they are very helpful.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The engine bolt was easy to remove and refit. I have only tightened up the bolt to see how the stand works so haven't torqued nor used loctite it yet.

I think there is a torque setting in the instructions

·
Registered
214 Posts
Looks good, but perhaps not as easy to fit as the abbastand, recently bought : excellent service from the manufacturer.
The abba is very solid, as per the videos on the website, but it is wider than my ramp, which will have to be modified with a steel plate support.
The abba also needs more garage space than an ordinary paddock stand. I will keep the Classic on the abba during wet weather but revert to the o.p.s when being regularly used, with luck in March.
The situation should improve once the ST2 is sold, and more garage space becomes available.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, I really like the look of this stand but have a couple of questions.
Is the lower black bush that locates in the swing arm hole metal or plastic?
Over the time you have used it, has it damaged the paint/powder coat on the swing arm?
Do you think its safe to leave a bike laid up for a few months on the stand?
Your front wheel appears to be in contact with the ground, can the bike be raised higher to lift the front for maintenance?
Thanks in anticipation.
Brian.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Brian, sorry I haven't replied sooner. In answer to your questions:

- the black bush is nylon or similar
- there has been no damage fro using the stand
- the front wheel just touches the floor but doesn't prevent the bike being moved about on the stand. I think there's adjustment on the adaptor plate to shift the weight a bit. I just haven't bothered to make the adjustment as the bike is still easily moved. My mat has the same lift on the Urban Enduro and neither wheel touches the ground.
- the bike cannot be lifted much higher, probably bout an inch or 2 max

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks, I did make the purchase in the end and can agree with your findings, I adjusted the adjuster bolt on my stand to even out the lift a bit.
Its a well mad piece of kit and it allows me to make better use of the space I keep the bike in, makes movement extremely easy and cleaning/maintenance is now a piece of cake.
I do not leave my bike fully lifted when not in use preferring to keep most of the bike weight on the wheels and treating it as a glorified centre stand that can easily lift, maintain and move at the push of a lever.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Has anyone had any luck finding this stand somewhere that'll ship to North America? The ebay page and related site only ship the stands in the EU.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts