Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks, about 2 weeks ago I took the plunge and bought a 2016 Scrambler Sixty2 with less than 1650 miles on it. Both the previous owner and the original owner took excellent care of the bike and it is flawless. Back in the summer of 2017 I was fortunate enough to snag a lengthy test-ride on a Sixty2 and I immediately fell in love...what a fun flickable bike!

After spending the past week and a half going over the bike with a fine-toothed comb (replacing brake fluid, resetting fork tubes to stock position in the triple trees, adjusting the handlebar and handlebar controls, raising the gear shifter lever, etc.) I finally took it for a 175-mile maiden voyage into the mountains of western NC near Rosman, Brevard, Canton, and Asheville...I LOVE THIS LITTLE THING!!!

Looking forward to gleaning other forum members' wisdom and advice. Here are a few items I noticed:
-the Sixty2 has plenty of power,
-Is the suspension really as uncomfortable as I think it is? (bumpy paved roads at 40mph are quite uncomfortable),
-the brakes are more than adequate,
-ergonomics are actually pretty comfortable (even for a 52 year-old, 6'4" tall, 175lb. guy),
-that intoxicating "belt whirring" sound is a lot of fun (sounds like a turbo spinning up),
-and everyone who sees the bike remarks as to how gorgeous it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
welcome!

sixty2 is fun!

i got mine last year used with 6000km on it. cant really speak for the stock shocks as mine came upgraded with ohlins rear shocks and andreani front adjustable cartridge kit.

i think the only area lacking in power is just passing on the highway. but it still does that just fine if you plan it out.

mileage could also be better for inner city riding. this thing guzzles gas if you're not coasting on the highway most of the time.

since you also got it used, i'd double check to see if your sixty2 has been serviced for the one recall i'm aware of (bolt change on the kickstand assembly). should be free at any ducati dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got my new 2018 Sixty2 in January this year (2019) and agree - it's fun, flickable, great sound and also get lots of looks and comments from people about it. In addition to what you mention Jonny, I've come to love these features too:
-- how stable it is at low speed, almost like you can stop and it won't tip over, and tight turns are easy
-- the suspension is just fine for me, I'm 55kg and have the shock on the second-to-softest setting and the ride doesn't distract me at all
-- I didn't have a choice about the colour originally (atomic tangerine) but have come to love how unique it is
-- stock exhaust is just fine, sounds good enough and I guess I'm not prepared to pay $2500 for not much increase in power (does anyone know if there is an aftermarket exhaust that does increase the power significantly?)

What I have changed and what I'd like to change:
-- I added Puig retro frame sliders and axle sliders (because I do a lot of carpark skills practice and just don't want to damage it if I drop it, plus I'm 163cm tall and can only get one foot down, or just toes if the road has a camber)
-- about to install the R&G tail tidy (some say it can scuff the rear tyre but I'm not heavy enough to make that happen)
-- super keen to get the Full Throttle handlebars, but still trying to figure out if they will just bolt on or if more bits are needed to make them work

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have 115 miles on mine and also loving it. Got a great deal on exhaust so I do not know what the power or sound was prior but I do love the sound now with the aftermaket exhaust.

I am very particular about bars and knew I wanted the FT bars. I added those with the Rizoma bar stem and love how it handles and looks now.

Being my first street bike I am extremely happy with how nimble it feels. The power is fine for me so far as I just do local neighborhood cruising and haven’t had it on the highway.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Photocycler, love your headlight protector too. I take mine on the highway quite a bit. Our speed limit here in Oz is 110kph, and I've taken it as high as 145-ish (don't tell anyone). It overtakes trucks or traffic just fine, but I do need to plan the power delivery to be 'on it' before I start the overtaking. I'd just like a bit more snap out of tight twisties in 2nd gear (1st is just too short). But it's really loads of fun with the power and torque it has.

Hey, you say you have the FT bars but also a Rizoma bar stem... does that mean that the FT bars don't fit on the Sixty2 with the existing bar clamp?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Photocycler, love your headlight protector too. I take mine on the highway quite a bit. Our speed limit here in Oz is 110kph, and I've taken it as high as 145-ish (don't tell anyone). It overtakes trucks or traffic just fine, but I do need to plan the power delivery to be 'on it' before I start the overtaking. I'd just like a bit more snap out of tight twisties in 2nd gear (1st is just too short). But it's really loads of fun with the power and torque it has.

Hey, you say you have the FT bars but also a Rizoma bar stem... does that mean that the FT bars don't fit on the Sixty2 with the existing bar clamp?
The FT kit actually comes with the bar stem that works with the over size FT bars, I didn’t end up using it as I also wanted to relocate the speedo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts