Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
There were no instructions in the box, so you're on your own.

Buts its fairly simple, took me roughly 30 minutes. The hardest part was taking the stock one off, mine was a little jammed so wiggling it out took me a few minutes.

Take off the first heat shield (the one closest to the foot brake) that will leave the pipe exposed and makes it slide in much easier, then everything else attaches to the standard holes. I reused the stock dogbone but moved it to the 2nd hole / higher to hide it from view. You'll understand once you see it.

Then re-attach the heat shield, put the little spring on the bottom and you're done.

Turn it on, and smile!!!

Difficulty: 3 /10 for someone who is not very mechanically inclined.
Thanks for the walkthrough! Really looking forward to surprise my neighborhood who thought me getting rid of my sweet VROD and it's 2in1 KessTech solved their problems of sudden wake-ups @ unexpected times... Muahahaha! ;-)

· Registered
69 Posts
Got the Zard low now fitted on my UE. Easy job if you are used to work w/o looking into manuals (if the are provided which Zard does not).

Sound is really okay - not too loud but definitely more present than the stock Vespa Scooter whispering. Would prefer a slightly more bassy note but hey, 2.5 kg of a tiny resonance body instead of 6.5 kg like the Termi or stock with their huge resonance chamber - good enough.

Looks are just stunning, especially on the UE. Like you went to the local blacksmith and he hammered on a sheet of stainless for a while and tailored it right to the Scrambler's body.

Works great with the softbags, exhaust gases just passing by instead going right against it like with the stock exhaust, bottom of the bag just a bit more than hand warm after an hour of riding @ 25°C.

Performance of the fully street legal version with catalyzer and silencers installed feels like some horses are missing, maybe due to the ECM needs to learn to handle it first, may also be the exhaust needs some burn in as well. Time will tell.

Vehicle Auto part
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

· Registered
69 Posts
Nope. It's the homologated version with Cat. Baffles still in.
According to Zard, there's no remap needed but I'm thinking about getting it remapped including air filter.
It feels like the engine runs more freely.
Accelerates better than before.
It's not a big thing, but you can feel it.
Interesting - My UE feels more like it lost some punch, especially between 5500 and 6500 UPM, I am sure a remap will fix that someday. ;-)

· Registered
69 Posts
I finally got my replacement stock exhaust the other day and had to turn the bike in to the dealership with the defective stock one mounted (don't ask...).

So I had a chance to ride both the same day, stock and Zard low w/ cat and do some simple comparisons in regards of acceleration. Took at least 5 turns on each and calculated the average:

Stock:
50 - 100 km/h @ 5th: 5.0 Sec
80 - 120 km/h @ 6th: 6 Sec

Zard low w/ cat & db killer:
50 - 100 km/h @ 5th: 6.5 Sec
80 - 120 km/h @ 6th: 7.5 Sec

1.5 Sec more or less may not look too much of a loss but I could definitely feel the difference - the bike accelerated like it has a rubber band attached to it's rear and the higher you rev it the more obvious the loss in power became. I have to test what actually causes the loss - may be the lack of resonating volume (the Zard doesn't have the big stainless steel box between engine and swingarm containing cat & muffling components), catalytic converter, mistuning, db killers... I pretty much suspect the catalytic converter and some mistuning regarding fuel mapping.

The good is though, the Italian stallion gets tamed in regards of the snappy throttle, it works a lot better on unpaved roads and having fun in the woods with the Zard's characteristics...

Again, this is about the street legal low version, nor the racing or high one and tested with cat & db eaters installed...

If someone with the race version could post some acceleration times for comparison? Would certainly be much appreciated. Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.