Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Cat should grant to respect Emission values, non cat, will comply with noise pollution only
Cat should grant to respect Emission values, non cat, will comply with noise pollution only

hey hedonism,

I see your in italy, Im an expat living in the south, not familiar with road laws here,
i wanna put the high line zard exhaust on. what is the official legal way of doin it? everyone tells me different things, e.g. no its completely illegal, you need to visit the motor office and register it which costs €€€€€€€ and then need to do revisione, and then guys that just say put it on and hope the police don't ask questions. as long as the manufacturer say its homologated it should be fine right???

· Registered
22 Posts
I have a lot of family in and around Cosenza, Southern Italy. My cousin is a cop himself and turns a blind eye to those who ride without helmets but if an exhaust is very loud he will give a warning or a fine.... only if in town though. They make their own rules in the south :)
Thanks mate,
Sounds like risky business I'm sure there has to be a way we're technically it is allowed

· Registered
22 Posts
I have a lot of family in and around Cosenza, Southern Italy. My cousin is a cop himself and turns a blind eye to those who ride without helmets but if an exhaust is very loud he will give a warning or a fine.... only if in town though. They make their own rules in the south :)
Thanks mate,
Sounds like risky business I'm sure there has to be a way we're technically it is allowed

· Registered
22 Posts
well, as far as I know, the "approved for road use" exhaust has a proper "certificate of fitness" where is written on which bike it can be fitted. this certified that "dimensions / weight / coneection " have been tested by manufacturer and approved by authority for those specific bike models.

so usually this "serial number" referring to certificate of omologation is stamped on the exhaust, however, the direct link with the bike is on the certificate see here a template or here a certificate

so if your are holding the certificate and the Dbkiller is on there is no problem.

however, since usually the aftermarket exhaust does not comply with environment pollution restriction, where emissions are checked (both random or periodically) in Italy for example all cars and bikes must inspected after the first 4 years since they receive "plate" and than every 2 years, you need to resume the bike to respect emission to pass the check
Thanks a lot bro, so in nutshell what ever exhaust I get I need to certify it, right? Do I have to do that in the motor office, is there anyway of knowing before hand if it will pass emission laws before buying one??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.