Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
131 Posts
I got another reply from Zard in regards to a video and sound clip,

"on half of next week we'll publish video of the low mounted version. The
week after a great video on street of the high version...
If you are not in a hurry please wait to see them!"

· Registered
131 Posts
Installed my Zard last night and all I can say is Woooow wow!! That sound is magical.

I will go out on a limb and say it's louder than the termi, and that is with baffles still in. And the popping, my god.

I tried doing a iPhone video, but it doesn't do it justice.

10/10

Good job Zard.

· Registered
131 Posts
More Pics, more Pics...!

How would you judge the quality, any obstacles putting it on? Mine is backorderd, may take 3 weeks...
There were no instructions in the box, so you're on your own.

Buts its fairly simple, took me roughly 30 minutes. The hardest part was taking the stock one off, mine was a little jammed so wiggling it out took me a few minutes.

Take off the first heat shield (the one closest to the foot brake) that will leave the pipe exposed and makes it slide in much easier, then everything else attaches to the standard holes. I reused the stock dogbone but moved it to the 2nd hole / higher to hide it from view. You'll understand once you see it.

Then re-attach the heat shield, put the little spring on the bottom and you're done.

Turn it on, and smile!!!

Difficulty: 3 /10 for someone who is not very mechanically inclined.

· Registered
131 Posts
When I removed my muffler for my first oil change I didn't remove any of the heat shields. Did it just give you a better way to grab hold of the muffler to manipulate it to get it off of the exhaust pipe?

The low Zard is the one for me if I ever get one. It sounds the best and looks pretty OK.
I was referring to the Zard pipe, not the stock one. You'll find it easier to slide the pipe IN if you take off the smaller heat shield…

· Registered
131 Posts
No video I have seen yet of low mount Zard sounds deep compared to videos of the race Termi. Hope for better quality vids at some point
I have test rode the demo Scram that had termis on when I was purchasing the bike, and Zard without CAT is louder. The decal popping is Definitely more pronounced, that I am certain, maybe due to no map or some other factor, but it pops and pops like crazy if you let off the gas quick and come to a stop.

Its a different sound, the termi has more of a growl I would say, this thing screams like a tractor, if that's a fair comparison.

I will have to visit the dealership and record a back to back sound test to be certain.

· Registered
131 Posts
I think I prefer more depth in terms of growl rather than a louder tractor sound myself so may have to look elsewhere. Shame as I like the look of the Zard
Make sure you hear it in person before you dismiss it, especially if you like the look. The sound in the videos I've seen on youtube don't do it justice… I was very very pleasantly surprised when I first fired it up.

I was under a overpass yesterday waiting for a red light to change, gave it a few blips and damn…

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.